General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Ruffian
Starters Handicap

LOL

Postby Ruffian » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:29 pm

Look at this website-

http://www.colorworld-ranch.com/

Jorge is it your farm??? I noticed it on TBtimes ads- a truely strange TB colt- went to their website and it is so funny! I do just love these wacky coloured tbs!!!

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:51 pm

Oh, My, what a delightful site! Now, not being that knowlegable, what is a "frame" type? ( I am getting "sabino" down)

Also, what do for sale ads mean by "chrome" when they say "lots of chrome on this little lady!" or something like that. I had thought it might mean some kind of sabino markings, but maybe it just means "spit and polish"?

Ruffian
Starters Handicap

Postby Ruffian » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:59 pm

I think they say 'chrome' being like socks, blazes- white markings. I don't get the 'frame' thing, but think it must be like a description for the way they are marked? We just call the brown and white Skewbald, black and white Piebald- and a mixture is a Tri-colour!!! (so much easier... but there has only ever been one Skewbald racehorse here- and she raced over the jumps a couple of years ago)

It is so interesting how this lady BREEDS these type of tb. Good on her! :D

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

overos

Postby henthorn » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:01 pm

Nice website, with lots of colorful horses. Check it out.

louis finochio
Darley line

Indian ponies

Postby louis finochio » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:48 pm

All those horses look like indian ponies sired by Indian Charlie LOL. Ruffian I love your style LOL. Keep smiling all the way to the bank. Cheers Louis.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:55 pm

Ruffian wrote:I think they say 'chrome' being like socks, blazes- white markings. I don't get the 'frame' thing, but think it must be like a description for the way they are marked?

Correct. "Chrome" refers to white markings.

"Frame" is a class of the Overo pinto pattern (though, I'm beginning to hear that the three classes of Overo are all from 3 separate genes and shouldn't be grouped together) where the white stays generally on the sides of the horse without crossing the top line (making the "white" look 'framed' by the horse silhouette).

"Splash White" Overo looks like the horse walked through a big bucket of paint -- the white starts at the feet and extends upwards, but doesn't cross the topline.
Last edited by Sam on Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chiggins6
Allowance Winner

Postby chiggins6 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:01 pm

Really interesting, thanks, folks.