free broodmares in foal to good home

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

bcassidy
Restricted Stakes Winner

free broodmares in foal to good home

Postby bcassidy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:41 am

The farm has been left with a few good mares that the owners can't afford to keep any longer. They are in foal to Sahara Heat, by AP INDY who stands for $5,000 LFSN in NJ. (He was a 3.4 million dollar yearling selected by John Ferguson). The stud fees have been paid and the mares are in excellent condition with all shots, worming, etc up to date. You must be able to verify that you are a responsible owner with strong references to be allowed to take any of these mares.

The first mare is Fourthandtwentysix, by NOTFORLOVE---she was foaled in 2002 and won 191k. This will be her first foal. She is due 5/28/12

The second mare is Aiken Cura, by GOOD AND TOUGH---she was foaled in 2002 and won 41k. This will be her first foal. She is due 4/5/12

The third mare is Crafty Kiwi, by Crafty Prospector---she was foaled in 2005. This will be her second foal. The first foal is a weanling this year and is also by Sahara Heat. She is due 4/21/12.

I may also have two other mares in foal that will need good homes. I will post their names after I have finalized the arrangements with their owners.

If you are interested in any of the mares listed above please send me a text message at 732-690-5935. Please leave me a phone number and I will call you back at my earliest convenience.
best regards Brendan

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:19 pm

I am trying hard to find them homes...
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

oleos93
Allowance Winner

Postby oleos93 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:07 pm

You are saying UTD on shots etc....does this mean coggins too and are owners willing to ship?

wen8t
Maiden Special Weight

mares

Postby wen8t » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:50 am

why would they ship them they are giving them away for free, unless you are just joking

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:50 am

Yes FREE they cannot afford them anymore...They are trying to do the right thing by finding them home.If you want one and can afford to keep it you can afford coggin health and shipping...
This is why sometimes horses end up in killers hands people want to "have the cake and eat it too"...
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:50 am

oleos93 wrote:You are saying UTD on shots etc....does this mean coggins too and are owners willing to ship?

Forgive my rudeness... Are you serious?! Beggars can't be choosers! They are giving away these mares, why would they do coggins and then ship the mares too? Sheesh :?
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:58 am

To be fair, I always thought that Coggins was a routine thing...and I always had it done and up to date for my horses in addition to their normal vaccinations. But I did show them, so I guess it would be different for long term pasture potatoes. Regardless, asking if they have their Coggins isn't really out of line in my opinion.

But shipping... No, I don't get that at all.

bcassidy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby bcassidy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Everything is up to date, including coggins and no they will not pay for shipping.
best regards Brendan

JimP
Allowance Winner

Postby JimP » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:42 pm

In all fairness I read oleos93 post a couple of times. The first time
I thought it meant would the owner pay for shipping. The second time
I thought it meant where the mares able to be shipped as in leaving that
part of the country. :shock:
JimP
White Cat Farm
[email protected]

"the gene pool could use a little chlorine"

oleos93
Allowance Winner

Postby oleos93 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Are you all fricking kidding, or at least the ones that can not read....MOST people have current coggins because MOST TB breeders BRED OUT OF STATE!!!! SECOND, NEVER did I say will they pay for shipping...PLEASE show me where I said that?

I said will they ship? Meaning some want to ONLY sell or in this case give away LOCAL. So asking if they will ship is a NORMAL question.

To those ASSUMING, grow up. That really gets in my craw when people act like that and twist words around just so they can have a bitch fest!!

oleos93
Allowance Winner

Postby oleos93 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Oh and to clarify, depending on the answer to either question I would have continued to ask if the owners then have a known vet that could come in and do this work that is needed to be done in order to have shipped. And then move on to arrangements.

I have a client looking for a mare in foal and this would have been a good fit, but the little things would have been PRIVATE from then on and not privy to everyone here. Meaning no ones business.

And I was having such a good day and then yet again a few select people have to ruin it.

And thank you to the 2 people that read my words for what they really said.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm

oleos93 wrote:You are saying UTD on shots etc....does this mean coggins too and are owners willing to ship?

As I read this post, it is ambiguous. It does sort of imply that you are asking if the owners will ship the mares. That could imply that they would pay for the shipping. To refine it to your actual meaning would require more words than are there. To respond with outrage to those who misunderstood your ambiguity is to punish the choir for being a bit off key when you didn't provide a starting note...

You could have said something more to the effect "will the owners allow the mares to be shipped out of state?"
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Bcassidy is making a good faith effort to find good and safe homes for these mares. It appears that all the mares listed have potential. Historically, the free offers have been included with the BUYING & SELLING Board. IMO this thread needs to be moved to the BS (pardon the pun) board where the extra curricular comments can be kept to minimum and the focus returned to the author's important objective. Having been guilty of "speaking out too much on the BS board" I know JessieP will keep things under control.

The most important thing is to find good homes for these mares, not refining the elocution of member posts. These are difficult times and we need to be helpful not argumentative. We don't want these mares or any other TB horses to fall through the cracks and end up in some tragic circumstances. Focus, people!

Wired4Success
Newborn

Re: free broodmares in foal to good home

Postby Wired4Success » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:55 am

bcassidy wrote:The farm has been left with a few good mares that the owners can't afford to keep any longer. They are in foal to Sahara Heat, by AP INDY who stands for $5,000 LFSN in NJ. (He was a 3.4 million dollar yearling selected by John Ferguson). The stud fees have been paid and the mares are in excellent condition with all shots, worming, etc up to date. You must be able to verify that you are a responsible owner with strong references to be allowed to take any of these mares.

The first mare is Fourthandtwentysix, by NOTFORLOVE---she was foaled in 2002 and won 191k. This will be her first foal. She is due 5/28/12

The second mare is Aiken Cura, by GOOD AND TOUGH---she was foaled in 2002 and won 41k. This will be her first foal. She is due 4/5/12

The third mare is Crafty Kiwi, by Crafty Prospector---she was foaled in 2005. This will be her second foal. The first foal is a weanling this year and is also by Sahara Heat. She is due 4/21/12.

I may also have two other mares in foal that will need good homes. I will post their names after I have finalized the arrangements with their owners.

If you are interested in any of the mares listed above please send me a text message at 732-690-5935. Please leave me a phone number and I will call you back at my earliest convenience.

Crafty Kiwi and several other broodmares in foal to Sahara Heat and Forty Grams in Camelot photos here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 049&type=3

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:54 am

Now they are no longer free and at risk for becoming Fido's next meal.

From the page and comments

"Ney Pessanha
Is this Do My Thing ?? It turns my stomach to find out the mare i sold to a breeding farm ended up at a horse auction when they have all my info and i stated if they were ever unhappy with her please contact me and i will take her back ..... Im doing my best to locate her and someone i spoke to stated that they believe she was giving/sold to this acution. Im willing to resue her ASAP Can someone please contact me if they have any info on her?! Im please to hear what ever horse are stuck there for now frank is supporting out of his own pocket, but as a business person i understand that he cant support so many horse for a long period of time and respect him for tring.."

So did the owner TRY to reach out to her or not...