Postby springboro » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:59 am

Lisann
Allowance Winner

Postby Lisann » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:32 am

She's a sick one.

Fair Play
Allowance Winner

Postby Fair Play » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Unfortunately, she is not the only one that I have heard of doing this in the last decade. This is why people should sell a horse for more than slaughter prices to keep away those kind. They'll only take if they can profit. She went out of her way to scam people though. :(

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Fair Play wrote:Unfortunately, she is not the only one that I have heard of doing this in the last decade. This is why people should sell a horse for more than slaughter prices to keep away those kind. They'll only take if they can profit. She went out of her way to scam people though. :(

I've been wrestling with offering a couple horses for free & every time I think about 'paying it forward' because I've gotten a few nice animals for free, I see a story like this & back away from giving ANYTHING away.

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

She obviously shows no remorse for her actions. Makes a person wonder why she ever got involved with horses to begin with. She's a disturbed person that's for sure.
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:20 am

I don't know how "disturbed" she is, or even unusual for someone of her generation. Our society seems to have fostered the most arrogant, entitled, "ME" generation to date with greed ruling over everything. They are the antithesis of morality, integrity and honesty. Not to mention supremely supercilious in the belief of their own invincibility. It shows an incredible lack of respect for the people who were conned. These youngsters actually believe the people they are conning are just to plain old and stupid to ever find it all out - and even if they do they are too impotent to do anything about it.

There was a gal in Lexington awhile back who was a really good example of this kind of criminal - her name was Katy something-or-other. She married a chap up in New York who had just got out of the Federal pen for fraud. Two peas in a pod, those ones. The last name and her farm name elude me just now (refer to the old and stupid, above).

This kind have no remorse because they have no conscience, sense of justice or morals and literally do not know right from wrong.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 pm

I don't mean to be harsh but the number of people who kill their spouses for insurance money is higher than those who take OTTB's and sell them to meat buyer's.

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Tappiano wrote:I don't mean to be harsh but the number of people who kill their spouses for insurance money is higher than those who take OTTB's and sell them to meat buyer's.

Really? Cite your source? ;)

My understanding from one of the articles I read is that the woman in question is the daughter of a horse trader. It's hard to call her "sick" when she was raised in the business of buying and shipping to slaughter. My biggest problem is the way she blatantly lied to people about where their horses would end up.

ak1
Allowance Winner

Postby ak1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:37 am

To Pfrsue's point, the blatant lies to owners that she was retraining and finding homes for horses not to mention taking money and food for their care is fraud and hopefully is prosecuted as such.

Disgusting situation. And very damaging to legitimate rescues doing phenomenal work.