Why do you keep coming here?

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Diane

Why do you keep coming here?

Postby Diane » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:50 am

Despite the occasional clunker responses I enjoy knowing things aren't scripted. I enjoy knowing that if I ask a question or make a comment I'm not getting a "yes'mam", "of course", "absolutely" response from someone who wants me to spend my money with them. There isn't much sucking up on this board and it's refreshing. If I want a private frank opinion I can PM someone who 1) is a recognized authority on pedigrees 2) owns a successful breeding farm 3) has been in this business for a lifetime 4) has a stakes winning horse 5) has a future stakes winning horse 6) has an allowance horse 7) owns a successful breeding stallion 8)owns mares that produce black type offspring. Where else can you make these kind of acquaintances without having to sit through a meeting or buy dinner?
The variety in personality and culture makes this group interesting and occasionally fun.

Roger
Grade I Winner

Postby Roger » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Well said!!!!!!
Loving God, Loving People and Serving = Peace and Happiness
Try it you will like it.

casallc
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby casallc » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Being an incurable horse trader, I check the buying and selling first then check in on the topics that might interest me. I used to post on other horse forums (TBC, Final Turn, and a couple more) but they have all either disappeared or dwindled to a girls pretty pony club. All in all, this one doesn't suck as much as the others. I have never posted on COH or Alex Brown and have only gone there when someone points out an ignorant comment posted there for ridicule. I love the horse business and a lot of the people involved in it - as well as despise a few.

Unfortunately this business is on a path of destruction. It may out live our nation racing on the course of destruction, however.