Puzzle? Help Please

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Ramona
Allowance Winner

Puzzle? Help Please

Postby Ramona » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:37 am

I would like an opinion on what bloodlines will cross with the bloodlines of Jazzy Sue. Unraced due to severe injuries, as a yearling. She has somewhat obscure breeding, but her mama is a stakes winner of 143K. She has a half bro (allowance horse that has earned 100K +) and is still going strong at age 10, at the 5K level.) I am breeding to race. Anyone have some ideas? Thanks

jL
Maiden Special Weight

Postby jL » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:26 pm

Might I suggest Notable Cat? Who says I'm partial? :twisted:

You feel like making the drive to Oklahoma? :D

Of course I'm kidding. I couldn't resist the oppertunity for making a shameless plug.

Ramona
Allowance Winner

Postby Ramona » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:51 pm

Paul: I looked at the photo of Notable Cat. Man is he a "power pack!" If you saw mama, Jazzy Sue, you would drop your jaw. She is about 15.3 and built like a brick you know what. She has fooled many of top quarter horse trainers in her looks. She throws them straight and stout. I'm afraid the off-spring wouldn't fit in the gate. LOL The last breeding was to Our Boy Harvey, who is a son of Harlan, as in Harlan's Holiday, by Storm Cat. This filly is tall, but stout. Thanks for the offer though.

jL
Maiden Special Weight

Postby jL » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:08 pm

Ramona wrote:Paul: I looked at the photo of Notable Cat. Man is he a "power pack!"

This is a good thing? ;)

We're having some luck crossing him to our Slew the Coup mares, among others. One of "Cat's" fillies finished 3rd today in only her 3rd career start! This filly is out of one of our Slew the Coup mares.

EDIT: Btw, I hate the pic of "Cat" on the website. Doesn't do him any justice at all. I am still trying to talk the wife into taking another (better) picture of him.