Consequences for posters who break the rules

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

When a poster blatantly breaks the clearly posted forum rules emphasized here, edit or delete the post and:

Issue a private warning. Many warnings should be given before action is taken.
6%
Issue a private warning. One or few warnings should be given before action is taken.
37%
Issue a public warning. Many warnings should be given before action is taken.
3%
Issue a public warning. One or few warnings should be given before action is taken.
23%
Take immediate action without warning.
31%

Total votes: 35

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Jeff if you knew Madelyn for as long as most of us have you might realize why we treat her as one of our HEROES. Yes, I said HEROES. The lengths she has gone to for people and for horses is beyond admirable. When you've been here another 10 years maybe you'll understand. Madelyn's not going anywhere. This is a closed subject.

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:17 pm

I've been using Albin Worth's pedigreequery non-stop for the past 17 years. 10 years is just a greenhorn IMHO

I went and bought a ton of good alfalfa and hauled it to the local horse rescue and unloaded and stacked it recently, so guess I must be a HERO TOO. I've never sent them a horse, or any horse to slaughter or rescue, but I do take pity on the poor horses that got dumped.

Being a do-gooder doesn't give me the right to trash somebody elses horse on this forum.

Jeff

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Since this is a public forum, and has a search function, the mare and the produce of the mare who are denigrated and trashed on this forum are public record should anyone try to sell the mare or the offspring of the mare in the future. That's serious business.

So if anyone were truly a horse loving kind individual, they would refrain from making unkind comments about other people's horses, especially when they were not asked to comment on their opinion of what they thought the quality of the horse. The old adage, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything works pretty well.

So I'd expect a moderator to be the last one jumping on a topic to trash somebody elses horse, certainly not the first.

Jeff

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:57 am

Remember that everyone is expected to follow the forum rules. Here is a reminder of rule #5:

5. Respect and help the moderators.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally. If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please notify one or more of the moderators assigned to the forum where the perceived violation occurs. They will then take whatever action they deem appropriate for the situation. Do not ever air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Understand that the moderators exist to maintain a generally informative and enjoyable forum for the exchange of ideas, information and opinions. The moderators’ decisions are final and while you may not always agree with them, respect that such actions are done in the best interest of the board, based upon a number of factors, not always readily apparent to you. If you question the handling of a situation, contact a moderator privately and respectfully, in order to discuss it. However, realize that a moderator is under no obligation to and in some cases is simply not able to discuss some of these situations in detail.

Harassing, stalking, or threatening a moderator in any way, either publicly or privately, is cause for immediate permanent suspension of posting privileges on this forum.
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'