(uk) Join your local horsewatch group

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

tracingequines
Newborn

(uk) Join your local horsewatch group

Postby tracingequines » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Tracing Equines is 8 years old this month so October has been renamed Tracing Equines month

Day 1 - Spread the word about Horsewatch and encourage people to join their local group by signing up via email or liking pages on facebook

What is Horsewatch ?

Horsewatch is the equine version of Neighbourhood Watch. It is about horse owners working in partnership with local Police to prevent crime and to reduce the fear of crime.

In the same way that Neighbourhood reduces residential crime, Horsewatch can help prevent equine crime, whether that be the theft of a horse, trailer, lorry, tack or any other item that we use and is of value to us. Tack marking sessions are arranged periodically for you, and crime prevention advice is available if required.

Why Do I Need to Join ?

Horse owners spend a lot of money on horses and all the tack and equipment that comes with owning horses. There is nothing more soul destroying than having your horse, or equine equipment stolen!

The fact is that the remote nature of many yards, makes an easy target for thieves, who know there is a strong possibility that they will not be disturbed.

By joining Horse Watch, members receive guidance on how best to protect their horse and property.

How Do I Join ?

Registration forms are available from your local police force, usually found on their website or from your local horsewatch co.ordinator.

If you need help finding your local group, please let me know and I will do my best to put you in touch with them.

Most groups are listed on the horsewatch section of Tracing Equines as well.