TWEEBSTER: Breakdown 12/30/2012 at SANTA ANITA - POLL

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

NorthStar
Allowance Winner

TWEEBSTER: Breakdown 12/30/2012 at SANTA ANITA - POLL

Postby NorthStar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:21 am

TWEEBSTER, a 5 y/o gelding by Tapit, who was Graded Stakes Placed to /TWIRLING CANDY as 4 y/o, was dropped into $12.5 claimer yesterday, by his trainer, Bob Baffert and his owner, who people can look up.

Considering the obvious known circumstances of this horse's soundness, his trainer and the rider, Martin Garcia, who can be seen looking down at the horse before he whipped on him and made him run harder...I WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO VOTE IN A POLL CALLING FOR AN INVESTIGATION of Bob Baffert, the Track Vet and the rider, regarding TWEEBSTER's breakdown and required euthanasia, YESTERDAY, 12/30/2012.

There is more I could write...but mostly I believe it is time for a serious investigation regarding this incident, these individuals and this type of repeated set of circumstances.

Thank you.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.a ... ubmit=Vote

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:02 am

Held accountable for what? You don't think BB or any trainer that has a horse get injured and euthanized feels bad enough already? You need to redirect your effort to somewhere it might do some good. The dirt at SA is less than perfect. The training track is ok so I've heard but horses spending time on the main track are coming home sore. This horse had some issues but if he had any heat or swelling that could be seen or felt do you think anyone in their right mind would get on him and go in the gate? Not on your life.
BB probably has a better idea than any of us what the problems are and many of the ways they could be rectified for racing in general. He's not the power he's just a cog.

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:48 am

Something, SOMETHING needs to be done! If bad trainers are notorious, regardless of WHO they are, something needs to be done. I'm sure those that work at a track would be the best ones to talk to regarding what they feel could be done. Alot of them can't say anything or its their jobs.

Horses that are shot up with anything prior to a race need not be racing.

I just put a post the other day, I turned on TVG and they were showing Santa Anita I believe, which was nothing but a mud pit. Withing ten seconds two innocent horses went down, one so hard the back end went flying in the air.
When is this going to stop. They should not even be running in that conditon!

The announcers only said the jockeys were ok, but I stayed on long enough to NOT hear how the horses were so I assumed they were put down. Poor babies. :cry:
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:22 am

What obvious known circumstances?

His chart indicates a horse who took two breaks during his career, but otherwise started quite consistently and finished his races. He was dropping in class somewhat, but most horses do eventually if they race long enough. I'm obviously sorry he broke down, but I just don't see anything to investigate here.

Fireslam
Allowance Winner

Postby Fireslam » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:07 pm

You are dumber than a post if you think Bob would send out a horse that he had any idea would break down. Do you think he liked dealing with that?

Grow up.

Deltalady01
Weanling

Postby Deltalady01 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Bob Baffert issued a statement today on the death of Tweebster:
http://tracksideview.org/trainers-and-j ... tweebster/

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:53 pm

I'll take Bob's word on this one. I think the condition of the track had more than anything to do with his breakdown. Very unfortunate..
"Politicians should be limited to two terms, one in office and another in jail." Anonymous

stlouiskid
Maiden Special Weight

Postby stlouiskid » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:36 pm

A horse like Tweebster lived a charm life, being in the barn of a trainer like Baffert. He got the best of care and facilities. That is horse racing, and the fragility of thoroughbreds. Could have happened in a pasture anywhere.

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:00 pm

I really wish they would have some more regulations regarding the CONDITION of the TRACK.

I'm sure most of you saw what a mud pit out west those horses were trying to run in. Sure, some are 'mudders' but in any case ANY horse can take a bad slip and fall and possibly take out others.

I think if there could be better conditions for our dear beloved horses to run on, we could at least cut down on tragedies.
I have not been able to watch horse racing since I saw that wreck in the mud with the two horses going down. I assume they are gone. I don't even know their names, but I know they had names. It was a day all of us would call "a soaker" if we had to go out and walk in it.

Just something, just an idea. ???

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:27 pm

So not to get off the topic, but how many have broken down at S.A. total?
K

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:11 pm

There have been the 3 that have been spoken about on this particular forum so far....that's not to say there has not been more, and do they report any breakdowns during morning workouts??? It's been horribly wet there, could that possibly have been an issue?

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:23 pm

They Do but you have to wait for the monthly report. I have seen it on the CHRB.Ca.Gov I was wondering if anyone has seen more than that, three seems to be a bit small but I was wondering over all.

ireneinwa
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby ireneinwa » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:19 am

Wet/ or icy roads caused three pile ups 2 died. Lets petion to close down freeways/road ways when conditions exist.
~There's a ballerina in every great athlete~

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:20 pm

That made no sense in this topic. I lost a family member due to that and it was not fun.

The idea is if PERHAPS when the weather gets so bad that the jockeys and horses can't see well, or its ankle deep in mud, maybe they should not think about putting the betting machines first and think about the lives of the jockeys and the horses.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:05 pm

I personally think Baffert has been hard done by this.

Something must be going on behind the scenes for the press to turn so badly on Bob.

Normally he is the pin-up guy for SoCal if not US racing.

Something smells a bit about this......
Edited by Moderator