Sign DQ'd due to drug positive

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:13 am

LB wrote:
ct2346 wrote:Stall gets his second....methocarbomol

Lets see if he gets another slap on the wrist...

How about a six month suspesion now? You think Dutrow's hurting the game?

I have not seen mention of this anywhere else but here. Could you provide a link to the story?

Hi LB,
Here's the story. TJ
http://www.drf.com/news/second-positive ... suspension

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Thank you, TJ!

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:46 am

Sign's win was restored. Stall, Claiborne and Adele Dilschneider all vindicated. The Pocahontas DQ was was overturned. There are lessons to be learned about how the little guys have struggled with potentially untrue accusations and not had the might to challenge it well. Hopefully this win for Claiborne will help them too. Ideally we get more effective medication policies, full stop.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/racing ... orne-farm/

A second positive for Stall was also overturned. See this is why snarky comments about a slap on the wrist are BS. After analyzing things, it was found that they were right, not some 'where there's smoke, there's fire.' Due process is allowed, and it can work to clear a name. Not everybody says 'I swear, I didn't do it' and is wrong. They need to figure out a way to address arbitrary limits and accidental contamination. Stall was adamant that he hadn't even injected it but gotten an accidental overage. He said they hadn't gotten it at all. Frankly, given all the evidence, I believe him.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Heidilady wrote:Sign's win was restored. Stall, Claiborne and Adele Dilschneider all vindicated. The Pocahontas DQ was was overturned. There are lessons to be learned about how the little guys have struggled with potentially untrue accusations and not had the might to challenge it well. Hopefully this win for Claiborne will help them too. Ideally we get more effective medication policies, full stop.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/racing ... orne-farm/

A second positive for Stall was also overturned. See this is why snarky comments about a slap on the wrist are BS. After analyzing things, it was found that they were right, not some 'where there's smoke, there's fire.' Due process is allowed, and it can work to clear a name. Not everybody says 'I swear, I didn't do it' and is wrong. They need to figure out a way to address arbitrary limits and accidental contamination. Stall was adamant that he hadn't even injected it but gotten an accidental overage. He said they hadn't gotten it at all. Frankly, given all the evidence, I believe him.

Spare me. If all it requires is denial, then lets let Cibelli (and George Zimmerman) off too. Your simple minded belief in due process is mind numbing. This is nothing more than Claiborne influence at work. People need to own their barn. Rules are rules.

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:31 pm

ct2346 wrote:Spare me. If all it requires is denial, then lets let Cibelli (and George Zimmerman) off too. Your simple minded belief in due process is mind numbing. This is nothing more than Claiborne influence at work. People need to own their barn. Rules are rules.

:roll: The whole point of that article, which I doubt you read fully, is that the rules are BS so following them is like playing 3 card monty.

Simple minded? Due process requires evidence, pumpkin. Uh, pretty sure nobody gets away with 'I didn't do it officer'. Nobody believes that even when it's true. Usually they stall (no pun intended) and eventually get suspended days that amount to a toothless sentence. I don't doubt that there's a lot of backseat training that goes on by suspended trainers, in fact I bet it's the norm. It's not like owners do much to stop it. No incentive.

Owning your own barn in a non-lockdown situation? Who's the one who's naïve? Generally, they're not in quarantine, they're not in a detention barn. Life at Ten didn't even get a post-race blood test like she should've had. It's keystone cops trying to be consistent about monitoring. Sometimes grooms contaminate by accident. Trainers gotta go home eventually. The track should be responsible for preventing unauthorized access, and it's not like they do it perfectly. Didn't they find a dead body at Churchill not that long ago? It's not like it's completely squared away. What, are you gonna frisk everyone going in and out of the barn? Make them all use hand sanitizer going and coming? A secret password? I bet at the Ramsey barn it'll be "The kitten flies at midnight."

You're the one with the numb mind, dear. Spare you? You have no idea of the facts or the policies, the science, none of it. If you did, you'd consider this a win. Joe Drape is probably your hero whenever he writes those ill-informed medication articles during the Triple Crown or Breeders' Cup. Keep drinking that Kool-Aid.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Why did the trainer agreed an settlement, if there was no wrong dooiing.

I would appeal to the bitter end, if that would be the case.

The trainer agreed to pay 500 dollars for the first and 1000 for the second case, these fines are the same what the med,s rules in CA are on the books.

Some are not administer all in the med,s record on paper.

valjoe
Allowance Winner

Postby valjoe » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:33 am

agree with ct2346