How's this for a stuff up on Pedigreequery

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Touchy
Weanling

How's this for a stuff up on Pedigreequery

Postby Touchy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:21 am

KAKAWAI (NZ) 1910 by Bezonian 1904 from Platypus (NZ) 1896 by Merrie England (NZ) 1886 from SEAL (SAF) 2007???????????????
That is a really good stuff up.
It should be SEAL (NZ) 1890 by Piscatorious (NZ) 1876 from Rumour (NZ) 1882 by Tattler (NZ) 1872 from Rose D'Amour (NZ) 1872 by Traducer (GB) 1857 from Goldendrop (NZ) 18-- by Glaucus Arabian (IND) 18-- from Sharkie (NZ) 1846 by Riddlesworth (GB) 1834 foundation mare of Colonial Family C17.
When I went to correct it I find that it is blocked.

Could someone that has a bit more PUSH with the Pedigree Query board please forward this to them so it can be corrected, or why are we paying for a defunct service, that will not allow those of us with the various studbooks of the countries that we live in to correct the many mistakes. Maybe a few select persons could be given a special code so as to change these mistakes for the betterment of all.

Cheers
"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man." W.Churchill.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. The error has been corrected. There is a pq research team but since this is a huge open entry db it's simply impossible to insure the accuracy of all records.

Touchy
Weanling

How is this for a stuff up on pedigreequery.

Postby Touchy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Thank you Pan Zareta.

All the more reason that they have a select few, preferably with the relative Stud Books, to be allowed to enter and make corrections.
I have gone through and corrected all the horses that are either Australian or raced in Australia. This was done through the Australian Studbook site or
from my own up to date Stud Books.
Studbooks are not cheap, but they are better than having incomplete pedigrees, either on the Studbook site or incorrect/incomplete on Pedigreequery.
I am only to happy to help people that are on this Message board, with any queries that they have , re; Australian Pedigrees. All you have to do is ask.

Cheers.
"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man." W.Churchill.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:34 pm

The site would not have the data it did not if they hadn't "used" people like us to populate it. It would have been too costly for them to have purchased the pedigrees from the jockey club so instead they let us be the guinea pigs. That's why you can create a horse with any name you want, give it a sire that's been dead for a hundred years and cross it to Ruffian....