Baffert horses

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Hey thanks for the link TJ and that's what I like to hear even though it's a really devastating chain of events .Hopefully something good will come from all this and as one of thousands of licensed trainers maybe it will shed some light on an ongoing problem that can be simply explained. Fingers crossed, thanks again.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:37 pm

wilf wrote:Hey thanks for the link TJ and that's what I like to hear even though it's a really devastating chain of events .Hopefully something good will come from all this and as one of thousands of licensed trainers maybe it will shed some light on an ongoing problem that can be simply explained. Fingers crossed, thanks again.

Hi Wilf,
You're welcome. I hope the CHRB will continue with this investigation and let us know the final outcome. TJ

Sysonby
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Sysonby » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:30 am

TJ wrote:Hi Wilf,
I can understand your opinion, but is it possible Baffert is silent for the same reason as the CHRB, since there is an ongoing investigation. The media has a way of blowing things out of proportion. TJ

Actually the LA Times didn't even pick the story up. Giving the fruhaha over lactic acid levels and TCO2 last year, turning a blind eye to a herd of dead horses (three of them owned by a single owner) is...stunning.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:04 am

Sysonby wrote:
TJ wrote:Hi Wilf,
I can understand your opinion, but is it possible Baffert is silent for the same reason as the CHRB, since there is an ongoing investigation. The media has a way of blowing things out of proportion. TJ

Actually the LA Times didn't even pick the story up. Giving the fruhaha over lactic acid levels and TCO2 last year, turning a blind eye to a herd of dead horses (three of them owned by a single owner) is...stunning.

Hi Sy,
Is the LA Times a bit biased in their reporting as the NY Times is in NY? Seems CHRB doesn't like what the bloodhorse has done with their misinterpreting that there has been an increase in sudden death syndrome...and these are not just heart attacks. Second article quoting the CHRB may be of interest to you since this is where you race. TJ
Original story by Bloodhorse talkng of sudden death spike:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... eath-spike
CHRB disagree's with Bloodhorse original article stating "sudden death spike":
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... den-deaths

Sysonby
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Sysonby » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:52 am

Actually I think the CHRB's "clarification" was more aimed at Ray Paulick who sensationalized the original report as he has a wont to do.

The real issue though will be the reaction of Joe Drape who is unlikely to let this go. This is the kind of story he eats for dinner and all of the numbers juggling and semantics about what is and isn't a spike is and in what timeframe probably won't make a difference to him. Expect a cry for vet records in stories accompanied by pictures of lumps under tarps
during Derby week.

In the meantime, those are a lot of dead horses.