Saratoga this August

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Saratoga this August

Postby Toccet02 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:22 am

I have a friend who was one-time West Point share owners with her husband...she is taking him to Saratoga August 17 I think, or that closest Saturday, and they know nothing about it. I remember that, when I went, we should have bought seats, OR arrived at roughly dawn to stake out a spot on the grass. Parking also nightmare.
Anyone have any creative, insider, or just savvy answers to these problems? You may answer privately if you have secrets to keep . . . :wink:
Much appreciated!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Re: Saratoga this August

Postby TJ » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:24 pm

Toccet02 wrote:I have a friend who was one-time West Point share owners with her husband...she is taking him to Saratoga August 17 I think, or that closest Saturday, and they know nothing about it. I remember that, when I went, we should have bought seats, OR arrived at roughly dawn to stake out a spot on the grass. Parking also nightmare.
Anyone have any creative, insider, or just savvy answers to these problems? You may answer privately if you have secrets to keep . . . :wink:
Much appreciated!

Hi Toccet,
It's actually a good time to hit the Spa. It's after the Fasig Tipton Sales and a week before the The Travers, which draws the biggest crowds. The 17th would be the Saturday of the Alabama...it will draw a good crowd, but not like the Travers. I would suggest they get there early, simply to enjoy the ambiance of the early morning buffet breakfast, which includes a tram and walking tour of the Saratoga backstretch. The link below will allow your friends to plan their trip to Saratoga. TJ
http://www.saratoga.com/race-track/breakfast.cfm

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:43 am

a belated THANKS, TJ! :wink:
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.

----Arrested Development