Important Comprehensive Look At Drugs In Racing

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:59 pm

I don't think it's far as non professional vets for either of us to assume what was or what not the cause of his death

I'm just commenting on the stacking issue more so than anything that gets under my skin. i wasn't suggesting that this is the reason that the pletcher horse died.
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

ides of ice
Maiden Special Weight

Postby ides of ice » Sun May 19, 2013 7:16 am

Just read part III...really interesting, esp about the breeding.
He that lives in a glass house throws no stones.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sun May 19, 2013 10:36 am

valjoe wrote:
If you ever wondered why really good horses in Europe suddenly appear in the US to race.... one of those reasons had been (90% of the time) because they bled. Not always, but for twenty or more years it was a given that a bleeder in Europe could not only race in the US, but should he win a few graded races, he'd even wind up at stud where he could pass along those lovely traits

Hi Tappiano,

I totally agree with you, yet this is another legit reason to ban the use of Lasix

Ditto that, although I'd offer that an immediate, across-the-board, ban is probably not in the best interest of the welfare of some percentage of horses currently racing where Lasix is permitted and a phase-in designed to completely elimate its use as soon as reasonably possible would be better.

The longer jurisdictions permitting the use of Lasix and other agents/methods used to mask inherent traits detrimental to racing fitness procrastinate about eliminating use of them the worse the 'fallout' will be if and when that happens. Indefinite postponement is the surest way to destroy, sooner or later, one way or another, the fitness and value of the North American-bred TB. Just my $.02.

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Tue May 21, 2013 11:35 am

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed May 22, 2013 1:20 pm

This should insure the integrity of racing. This guy was/is? a drug dealer and shot a cop in his foot 3 years ago. Do you think a multiple convicted trainer on probation wouldn't take a chance to win a bet with the best equine designer drugs available? Hard to believe they keep bringing up the integrity of racing then the VA. Commission officials allow this guy a license, because a couple favorites of the commission vouch for the guy. TJ
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ance-in-wv

ides of ice
Maiden Special Weight

Postby ides of ice » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:43 pm

He that lives in a glass house throws no stones.