Lady Joanne

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Lady Joanne

Postby Heidilady » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:08 pm

What's going on with her? She's got 2 foals from 2009 and 2010 that are unraced. She was bred to Street Cry in 2010 and no live foal is listed by the Breeders' Cup website. Then in 2012 and 2013 I get "horse not found."

She may've been purchased in foal to Street Cry and is now overseas where that info would've just not made it back to us. She could've easily had foals these last couple years to some Japanese stallion. I just wondered if anybody knew for sure and whether there was a chance that something happened to her and it just wasn't publicized widely.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:34 pm

She was purchased at the 2009 FTNov sale (in foal to Tiznow) by Dr. Masatke Iida, so she may be in Japan.

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:19 pm

LB wrote:She was purchased at the 2009 FTNov sale (in foal to Tiznow) by Dr. Masatke Iida, so she may be in Japan.

Ah ha, thanks. I bet they kept her here to foal, bred her to Street Cry, then over to Japan she went to foal there. I wonder if they took the Tiznow foal to Japan to race or if they left it here to train for our dirt tracks--I assume the former, but I know sometimes the Euros and Sheiks won't necessarily export a horse. Lots of reasons why.

I wish it were easier to keep track of mare's progeny in Japan, both in terms of record, name and images. If Azeri were still here, we'd get much more of an opportunity to see pics of her foals. I asked a writer from here who goes to Japan what Azeri's foals names were (beyond the one called Amelie) and she directed me toward some photos she'd take of American mares, but it didn't really answer the question. I can't add that to the PQ database.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Heidilady wrote:I wish it were easier to keep track of mare's progeny in Japan, both in terms of record, name and images. If Azeri were still here, we'd get much more of an opportunity to see pics of her foals. I asked a writer from here who goes to Japan what Azeri's foals names were (beyond the one called Amelie) and she directed me toward some photos she'd take of American mares, but it didn't really answer the question. I can't add that to the PQ database.

There are Japanese posters on the TB Champions board that will post pictures if you ask them.

This thread has pictures of Azeri's 2011 and 2013 offspring: http://www.thoroughbredchampions.com/sh ... -Sale-2013

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Per the APR Lady Joanne was barren for 2011.

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:31 pm

LB wrote:This thread has pictures of Azeri's 2011 and 2013 offspring: http://www.thoroughbredchampions.com/sh ... -Sale-2013

Ooh that Zenno Rob Roy colt is gorgeous.

I was looking at other auctions besides his on that TB Champions page and I found this: http://www.jrha.or.jp/stallion_e/stallion.html

Not clear on why no Charismatic or Silver Charm. It can't be because there aren't any of their foals in the auction--I'll Have Another has a page with a video and he won't have foals on the ground til 2014. It's supposed to be stallions of Japan. Brian's Time is listed but is deceased. Charismatic is supposedly at the same farm as Empire Maker.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 am

Hi Heidi,
I remember reading Lady Joanne either had a foal by or is in foal to Deep Impact. This site will give you info concerning Japanese TB's, pedigree's, race records and sales....I just couldn't figure out how to use it, maybe you can:>) TJ
http://www.jbis.jp/index.html