Sharp Critic leaving this world tomorrow

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Sharp Critic leaving this world tomorrow

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Sharp Critic will be euthanized tomorrow.He has tumors in his intestines.Poor Oscar has not been well for the past weeks and even if I know this is the thing to do,it just break my hearth.
Oscar was once a proud racehorse then he spent a few years teaching youg horses to run and young riders how to ride,A few years back he even was a rodeo horse and placed in barrel racing. Then he retired to my farm but he hated being just a horse and my friend put him back to work in her riding school where again he became happy and teached kids,went swimming and was loved and respected.
Now he is going to gallop in the eternal pastures along with all the great horses that graced this land.but he will have touched many and for so many of us here be forever the champion, the big black horse who would never quit.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/sharp+critic
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:38 pm

RIP :cry:
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Jessi P

Re: Sharp Critic leaving this world tomorrow

Postby Jessi P » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Aww shucks Sylvie, I am so sorry to hear this. Please give Oscar a big big big hug, some scratches, and some carrots from me & Darren. Oscar was a grouch from time to time but he was classy and generous and had a huge heart. We are very grateful that he ended up with you after his racing days were over.

This is a very hard thing to do, especially on top of your other recent difficulties but "this it be right" as old Willem from COTH would say, rest his dear old soul.

Lots of hugs for you, dearie - hang in there. xo

Sylvie Hebert wrote:Sharp Critic will be euthanized tomorrow.He has tumors in his intestines.Poor Oscar has not been well for the past weeks and even if I know this is the thing to do,it just break my hearth.
Oscar was once a proud racehorse then he spent a few years teaching youg horses to run and young riders how to ride,A few years back he even was a rodeo horse and placed in barrel racing. Then he retired to my farm but he hated being just a horse and my friend put him back to work in her riding school where again he became happy and teached kids,went swimming and was loved and respected.
Now he is going to gallop in the eternal pastures along with all the great horses that graced this land.but he will have touched many and for so many of us here be forever the champion, the big black horse who would never quit.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/sharp+critic
Jessi P
330 383 1281
[email protected]

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:51 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:41 pm

So sorry to hear, wish you lots of strength.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:35 am

So sorry to hear this. May he gallop in the everlasting fields of heaven.

winds

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:22 am

sorry...

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

Affirmed1
Allowance Winner

Postby Affirmed1 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:46 am

Sylvie, my condolences. It is never easy to lose them, no matter how old they are. I remember Barbaro's owner saying "Grief is the price of love" and I know your buddy was loved. Thanks for giving him a great life. :)

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:10 am

My big boy left at 9 this morning. He had a few peppermints and was surrounded by 6 of his human friends. He went peacefully .Thank you everyone for your support.And again thank you Jessie from me and all the kids here for letting him have a second life many years ago.
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:31 am

Sorry to hear about Oscar Sylvie,.

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Sounds like a fitting departure for a dear friend. Thank you (& the gang) for taking such great care of Oscar in his retirement. I will raise a glass to the big guy this evening. Hugs for you, Sylvie. xoxo

Sylvie Hebert wrote:My big boy left at 9 this morning. He had a few peppermints and was surrounded by 6 of his human friends. He went peacefully .Thank you everyone for your support.And again thank you Jessie from me and all the kids here for letting him have a second life many years ago.
Jessi P

330 383 1281

[email protected]

Prairie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Prairie » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:20 pm

God bless you, Sylvie, for giving Oscar such a good and happy life!
Enjoy your many memories.

((((Hugs))))