Fraud on Craiglist

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Fraud on Craiglist

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:09 am

this person is advertising horses fraudulously
She advertise a weanling out of MY mare and she did not have a foal this year and by a stud that never bred that mare ever...
http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/4061139308.html
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:18 pm

You sold her your foal and now she's selling her on as being sired by a different stallion? Not quite sure what you are saying.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 pm

It is a QH, I thought you bred TBs?

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:22 pm

No she has a foal for sale advertised as out of my mare but my mare did not have a foal this year...Plus she also has MY mare for sale,she told a lady in California,...but my mare is here and I don't even know who this lady is...Someone contacted her she says the papers will come later.....Beware of Craigslist and as per a RCMP fraud detective he says a lot of false papers are being printed quite a few cases this year in TB,QH and others.Technology is advanced now so when you buy check with the JC or AQHA or whatever...make sure,they are easy to fake.If they can make false dollar bills and contracts and checks and bank drafts and car titles,they can easily produce fake registration papers
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:23 pm

And Cree yes this is a QH mare

murphysmom
2yo Maiden

Postby murphysmom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:08 pm

And that ad was removed so it was impossible to see it.