Nominees: Tackiest Name Of The Year Award

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Nominees: Tackiest Name Of The Year Award

Postby Patuxet » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:47 pm

"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

kezeli
Allowance Winner

Postby kezeli » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:53 am

There was another one that came up on the banner when I looked at that pedigree, Buffalo biscut, isn't that the same as a cow patty? So a horse named poop

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:59 am

Caesar P. Kimmel, father of trainer/vet John C. Kimmel would enjoy trying to get questionable names past the JC....personally I think he had a friend in the name department:>) He especially liked to hear Freddy Capossela's cautious attempt not to mispronounce these names, as one was certainly a dangerous tongue twister. Among the names he got past the JC were Cold as a Witches, Bodacious Tatas (1985), Kings Ball (1968) and the tongue twister Cunning Stunt (1969). Try to repeat Cunning Stunt a few times during the short span of a race and see what happens. Cappy would almost come to a halt before he announced Cunning Stunt's racing position:>) On another occasion, a late scratch of Kings Ball had to be announced...you can figure that one out:>) TJ

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:01 am

Anyone notice Chicks and a Pig at AQU yesterday?

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Bodacious Tatas 1985
Chocolate Balls 1984

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:00 pm

TJ wrote:Caesar P. Kimmel, father of trainer/vet John C. Kimmel would enjoy trying to get questionable names past the JC....personally I think he had a friend in the name department:>) He especially liked to hear Freddy Capossela's cautious attempt not to mispronounce these names, as one was certainly a dangerous tongue twister. Among the names he got past the JC were Cold as a Witches, Bodacious Tatas (1985), Kings Ball (1968) and the tongue twister Cunning Stunt (1969). Try to repeat Cunning Stunt a few times during the short span of a race and see what happens. Cappy would almost come to a halt before he announced Cunning Stunt's racing position:>) On another occasion, a late scratch of Kings Ball had to be announced...you can figure that one out:>) TJ

TJ - I honestly don't know the answer to this, but did Cunning Stunt run as a 2yo? If I remember correctly, Freddy retired in 71.

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:19 pm

TJ's post reminded me of another filly, a SW with a tongue-twisting name: Flat Fleet Feet. http://www.pedigreequery.com/flat+fleet+feet
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Postby JimbleBrimble » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Still can't top Papp's Mirror

Howch664
Weanling

Postby Howch664 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:24 pm

One name the names that stands out the most from the track here was a mare "What's her name."

wallinga
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby wallinga » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:34 pm

da hossman
Allowance Winner

Postby da hossman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:34 pm

BODACIOUS TATAS raced several times against a Fire Dancer filly named SCORCHED PANTIES - great race call material!
A difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries.

Will Rogers

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:50 pm

ct2346 wrote:
TJ wrote:Caesar P. Kimmel, father of trainer/vet John C. Kimmel would enjoy trying to get questionable names past the JC....personally I think he had a friend in the name department:>) He especially liked to hear Freddy Capossela's cautious attempt not to mispronounce these names, as one was certainly a dangerous tongue twister. Among the names he got past the JC were Cold as a Witches, Bodacious Tatas (1985), Kings Ball (1968) and the tongue twister Cunning Stunt (1969). Try to repeat Cunning Stunt a few times during the short span of a race and see what happens. Cappy would almost come to a halt before he announced Cunning Stunt's racing position:>) On another occasion, a late scratch of Kings Ball had to be announced...you can figure that one out:>) TJ

TJ - I honestly don't know the answer to this, but did Cunning Stunt run as a 2yo? If I remember correctly, Freddy retired in 71.

Hi ct,
You might be right about that? I'm not sure either and can't find the race record anywhere. I know Durkin did call him as a 3YO...and he said it was very tough. As I think about, it was for sure, I Found Gold (another named by Kimmel) that he practically came to a stop before announcing his name. Being Italian he knew the ramifications of a slip of the tongue...Kimmel was a real character:>) TJ