Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:45 pm 
Suckling

Hey guys I need help from y'all!!! I'm a bit worried that someone we know went onto the query and changed the owners name!!!!!! We found out that our past trainer was a fraud. So we decided to go and pick up our horse from him. Now we just found out that he changed our names of some of our mares to his. We do have full ownership of the mares we have paper ect... What I'm more worried about is how he got the names to some of our mares that we never mentioned to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm 
2yo Maiden

I wouldn't worry too much about it other than he sounds like a weirdo. This database is user updated so there is no legality to it. My guess is that he took the name of one mare that he knew you owned, saw how it was listed in the database and then ran a simple google search to find all the ones that were listed like that. If you have the papers and the mare, there's not really much he can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:56 pm 
Suckling

Thanks for your reply..... So if we have the signed papers we don't have to worry about correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:59 pm 
2yo Maiden

I would not think so. People are always going in and randomly changing things on here. Owners, progeny, race records, it goes on and on. If you have the signed papers and / or any sale contract you are fine. The only way it could become an issue is if someone else had physical custody of the horse and ordered a replacement set of papers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:48 am 
Eclipse Champion

If you are truly concerned, log into the Jockey Club website and make sure that he didn't also do a Transfer of Ownership there--which would be much more official than anything that happens on this site.

As for the ownership listed here, anyone can change anything. Why don't you go and change it back?