Louisiana State Racing Commission defers renewal of 10-year

Postby evans06 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:42 pm

JE2

TJ
Darley line

Re: Louisiana State Racing Commission defers renewal of 10-y

Postby TJ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi Evans,
Good luck, hope FG get's a fair shake. CDI (Churchill Downs Inc.) has been neglecting all their TB holdings except Churchill Downs. They are destroying Calder, sold Hollywood and are working on ruining the Fair Grounds. They are taking all the profit from the slots for themselves and giving nothing back to horsemen in the form of purses or track improvements front and backside. It's all about showing a profit since they're on the NASDAQ (CHDN). Glad to see the stand the La. Commission is taking against them. They even increased the pari-mutuel takeout at Churchill Downs this season in time for the Derby. Getting a bit too greedy. TJ

evans06
Weanling

Postby evans06 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Thanks TJ. I must say that the Louisiana Horsemen as well as the local New Orleans racing community and media local outlets (TV, newspaper, radio, etc.) really picked up on this story quickly. When the story is on AM drive time talk radio, you know it has the interest of the community. I am all for companies making a profit, but you have to take care of your property and give back to those who are giving so much (better attention to the backside and putting the racing customer first). Unfortunately for Churchill, legislation was the only way to get their attention. If they understand anything, they understand money. I think they hear the horsemen and the local racing community now.
JE2

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:18 am

Hi Evans,
I'm sure you heard about this...the LA Racing Commission Chairman dies in a crash. It seems a strange coincidence under the circumstances? Guess it's my NY mentality running off with me. TJ
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... s-in-crash

evans06
Weanling

Postby evans06 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:00 am

I must say that the timing of his accidental death and the number of bills currently being put forth in the legislature, does make one pause and think.
JE2