Music and the thoroughbred

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Music and the thoroughbred

Postby erins isle » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:22 am

I just wonder, is there any music you can assocciate with racing, the personal thoughts about your horse(s) birth, death, performances etc. Maybe I am the only one. I'll give an example, I had strong feelings about Beethoven's Pastorale some eight years ago when our filly ran when I saw the video, just heard that music.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Music and the thoroughbred

Postby Bill from WA » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

AmberVa
Suckling

Postby AmberVa » Wed May 21, 2014 11:13 am

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Fri May 23, 2014 10:35 am

Yes Amber Va, it's beautiful, I am rather familiar with Carly Kaiser, she is one of the best. Maybe you will listen to:

The now famous musical score by Carl Davis from the movie "Champions",starring John Hurt as Bob Champion & Aldaniti as himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84G72QYF5E

Once I heard this beautiful music while former winners (Party Politics) were on parade during a Grand National meeting: Nella Fantasia from the movie the Mission by Ennio Morricone. A few years later I received a cd from Sarah Brightman, and guess what was on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6WBmpmagg

And also the ouverture of Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves by John Williams. When I hear it, I see the Grand National Race.

I learned to appreciate this music while wathing the now notorious programs from the BBC concerning the Grand National, Royal Ascot, Prix de l'Arc the Triomphe etc. with Claire Balding and Willie Carson.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

Taff
Yearling

Postby Taff » Mon May 26, 2014 10:35 am

I woke up this mornin' with one thin dime, The stats man gets there before the clock strikes nine.

Taff
Yearling

Postby Taff » Mon May 26, 2014 2:29 pm

I woke up this mornin' with one thin dime, The stats man gets there before the clock strikes nine.