Instant Racing Machines

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Instant Racing Machines

Postby Shergar » Fri May 30, 2014 8:34 pm

The instant racing machines are now up and running here at Les Bois Park. Never thought I would live to see the day when the deep red state of Idaho would allow such a thing. Not that I am complaining in the least.

They had a line of people waiting to get in when they opened at 10am. I stopped by this evening to check it out. Was still a pretty nice crowd out there shoving money into them. 200 machines were installed to kick things off. If all goes as planned, another 200 machines will be installed at a later date.

Fed one of the machines a 20 to help support the cause. I didn't help much as I walked out with a bit more than my original 20. Good thing too since as of late I can't seem to handicap a live race worth a sh*t.

Les Bois Park could be the future place to race in the Pacific Northwest. Already bottom level claimers are running for 5k purses and it is only going to go up. Day rates are pretty reasonable here. Top trainer is getting 45 a day with most of the other trainers 40 and under for day rates.

All the best to everyone,
Shergar