Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Arch Traveler
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:31 pm 
Allowance Winner

About 3 years ago, there was a colt named Arch Traveler that seemed to have a pretty bright future. He ran in the Florida Derby and won a stakes race called the Ziggy's Boy Stakes at Belmont. He also placed in a graded stakes race, also at Belmont.

I thought that Arch Traveler would win some more stakes races and end up with a nice stud career at maybe one of the big farms someplace. He really seemed to be on his way.

Looking through the race results Monday, I got a little surprise. Arch Traveler won his second race in a row, that was the good news. The bad news was that both of his wins in his last two races were in $5,000. claiming races at Finger Lakes. Also, Arch Traveler is now a gelding. What a change in fortunes for that horse.

I remember seeing both Arch Traveler and a colt named Trappe Shot win stakes races, and was high on both horses. Arch Traveler won the Ziggy's Boy Stakes in 1:21:87 for 7 furlongs, which I consider a pretty respectable time. Anyway, Trappe Shot is now a stallion at Claiborne Farm and Arch Traveler is now a gelding running in $5,000. claiming races at Finger Lakes.

I guess that things could be worse for Arch Traveler. He could be finishing up the track in those $5,000. claimers. I sure hope that things turn out good for him.

BTW, I thought that Arch Traveler was a son of the stallion Arch, because of his name. He isn't.