Belmont Friday

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Belmont Friday

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:20 am

Hi guys,

I'm going over to Belmont Friday for the whole card (remind me to take allergy meds!). Bit of a personal day for me since I now drive and can go alone.
Anyway, once several months ago I mentioned being interested in partnerships, and somebody--I can't remember who, advised I talk to a certain Aqueduct trainer who did private partnerships. I just can't find this old message...I had to drop the idea for quite a while as my husband lost his job. Now he's working again and I have some money set aside.
So--If you remember, can you PM me the details? OR--if anyone reading this knows of a reputable trainer who may have some offerings, and who could actually meet with a genuine prospect this Friday, please let me know? I can get there well before post if necessary.
Many thanks
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Re: Belmont Friday

Postby TJ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:50 am

Toccet02 wrote:Hi guys,

I'm going over to Belmont Friday for the whole card (remind me to take allergy meds!). Bit of a personal day for me since I now drive and can go alone.
Anyway, once several months ago I mentioned being interested in partnerships, and somebody--I can't remember who, advised I talk to a certain Aqueduct trainer who did private partnerships. I just can't find this old message...I had to drop the idea for quite a while as my husband lost his job. Now he's working again and I have some money set aside.
So--If you remember, can you PM me the details? OR--if anyone reading this knows of a reputable trainer who may have some offerings, and who could actually meet with a genuine prospect this Friday, please let me know? I can get there well before post if necessary.
Many thanks

Hi Toccet,
I didn't see that post, but I'm guessing it could be Gary Contessa. He has many partnership deals and was stabled at Aqueduct a few years back. He's now stabled at Belmont Park. You can click on this link below, hit contact on the bottom right and Gary will pop up and set up an appointment with you:>) TJ
http://horseracing.about.com/gi/o.htm?z ... s-results/

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:29 am

Thank you TJ...I have an appointment with him Friday morning.
Incidentally I had no idea of his connection with Peace Rules . . . one of my all time favorites!

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:05 am

Toccet02 wrote:Thank you TJ...I have an appointment with him Friday morning.
Incidentally I had no idea of his connection with Peace Rules . . . one of my all time favorites!

Hi Toccet,
You're welcome...Gary's a real nice guy. He developed Peace Rules as a 2YO, when he was training for Maggi Moss. After Gary broke his maiden in his 3rd start, he was sold to Edmund Gann and trained by Bobby Frankel. He also trained Derby starter, Uncle Sigh this year. TJ

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:21 am

yes--we had a lovely chat this morning, and I think we'll get along just fine. While he has 5 or so starters today, he has none tomorrow so I won't feel I'll be bugging him too much.

----Arrested Development

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:26 am

aaaaand he just won the first at Belmont. Booyah. :)

----Arrested Development