CC's conformation, what do you think?

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

CC's conformation, what do you think?

Postby erhrdt3 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:00 am

Hi all, and Happy Day before Belmont! A very exciting time, a great story of a regular horse showing up the millionaires, and overpriced stallion fees; racing needs this TC badly.

I have been comparing California Chrome's conformation to that of Slew, Secretariat, Ruffian, Citation, and many other greats.

He is much longer, as if there is a part of an extra horse in the back area. As in the jockey has to reach further if he wants to pat him at the tail area.

What is this called, (if anything) and is it what is making him so great? As in the extra bit of locomotive?

What do you all think?

Thank you, and wishing all a Happy Belmont Day, may there be a very safe race, and also to the Dads out there an early Happy Father's Day :D

ps: sorry, forgot to add, do any of you think there is anyone in the field that can come up and do that last fast pass on CC? As in Sarava, and others have done in the past? I know Ride On Curlin got awfully close to CC in the Preakness at the end and my trainer said a little bit more and he might have had him.... would love to hear all of your great opinions..thanks again :)
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......