I want revenge deceased

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

sulphurfire
Allowance Winner

I want revenge deceased

Postby sulphurfire » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Passed away of a fever tonight after arriving at Indiana Stallion Station.
"The rewards, whether for winning or for losing, offer almost irresistible temptations to race a two-year-old more times than are good for them." John Hay Whitney at the annual testimonial dinner in October 1963 for the Thoroughbred Club of America

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Re: I want revenge deceased

Postby erhrdt3 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:39 pm

He picked up something at the Keeneland Sales. According to multiple other reports, there were other horses there that were sick, it must have been a bad virus to take down a big strong stallion like IWR. So sad, he was finally going to have the life and owners he deserved, then the fellow gets a virus and dies from it. I certainly hope they start vetting all horses brought there prior to giving them a stall. Take their temperatures, etc. I had just started talking to IWR's new owner about his stallion, now he's dead that quick. Something is not right, someone slipped in some horses that needed to stay home on vet's care.
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

madelyn

Re: I want revenge deceased

Postby madelyn » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:31 pm

This is Ten Days after the horse went through the ring. Was he sick getting on the trailer at Keeneland? Maybe they should have taken him to a clinic in Lexington? He could also have picked up something in the trailer etc.
My heart goes out to his new owners - that is just Crushing! So sorry for your loss.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....