What do you drive?

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

What do you drive?

Postby CherryDavis » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:47 pm

My truck has decided it does not like its job so I'm looking for a new one.

I do a ton of long distance hauling over the Appalachians. I am looking for a diesel, dually, 2010 or newer. I was curious what you guys that do your own shipping drive and what you do or don't like about your trucks. With my current truck, all of the issues stem from the engine being redesigned to meet the new emissions standards. Now I'm very hesitant to purchase any of the newer diesels without hearing from people that have been driving the current models for awhile and using them like I do (I hate when you read truck reviews and there is always some idiot complaining about how they can't fit their dually in the office parking garage). I don't want to go to gas because I like the power and torque of the diesel, when my truck actually runs I can be fully loaded and have tons of power to spare even over the mountains. These trucks are way too expensive to end up getting the wrong one though so now I'm paralyzed by indecision :roll:

Any experiences good or bad would be helpful. I'd especially be interested in how people felt about Ford's Tow Command system with large loads (over 12,000lbs) vs just the exhaust brakes in GM & Dodge.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Re: What do you drive?

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Dodge is the best I had Ford and GMC and will never go bac.This is my second Dodge dually diesel and I just love them
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

Re: What do you drive?

Postby CherryDavis » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Thanks for the input Sylvie! I actually ended up buying a 2015 GMC 3500 Denali dually a couple days before you posted. Hopefully I made the right choice. I'm small (product of jockey breeding :lol: ) and the GMC seats fit me the best. The dealer we bought from actually matched the price on the 2014 Rams we were considering that were on clearance so it was an awesome deal. I guess time will tell if I did the right thing.