Another Name Game

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

madelyn

Another Name Game

Postby madelyn » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:45 am

In 2012 I got a mare named Beat It in shipped to me to board and foal (I really don't do that but anyway...) and was abandoned. I ended up with that colt, that mare and two others in foal.. a mess to untangle. When the colt was 8 or 9 months old I gave him away. I had ensured everything I could do for his registration was done; ie stud certificate etc. He changed hands after that a time or two and, ironically, was traded back to me in late August of this year. I have just paid the $800 for his JC papers (it would be over $2000 tomorrow) and now am struggling to pick a name. He is a nice chestnut horse, now a gelding, well balanced and proportioned, just small. Great legs and bone. Hard headed and stubborn. He is by Ile St. Louis (CHI). Far as I can tell, he i the spitting image of Raise a Native - as a fun exercise I often look all the way up a pedigree to see which ancestor a horse resembles most.

SO, Names, anyone?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

kezeli
Allowance Winner

Re: Another Name Game

Postby kezeli » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:36 am

Raise Me One
Native Beat
Dance Beat
All the rest go X-rated from there....

hpkingjr

Postby hpkingjr » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:20 pm

Saint Louis Beat
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:36 pm

hmm.. i like that last thought, maybe St. Louis Kid?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:32 am

"Saint Louis Blues" is a jazz standard composed in 1914 by W. C. Handy. Only hitch is that "St. Louis Blues" is also the name of the city's hockey franchise.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Beat to Quarters.