Sickening

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Sickening

Postby ct2346 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Sickening to see Scott Blasi in the winners circle after the Cotillion. Throw Assmuffin into the same picture frame and its too much. Here's hoping Tapiture runs last.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: Sickening

Postby DDT » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:02 am

ct2346

As with the majority, my knee jerk reaction to the PETA tape was harsh and I stated that on the forum, however, as it turns out the tape was a highly edited version of many different conversations geared to present the PETA frame of mind in the best possible light. When pressed for the complete, unedited version of the tapes and a copy of the written report submitted by the undercover agent PETA would not provide it to the Kentucky Commission. In a nut shell, it was a railroad job in the first magnitude. It proves once again that you cannot believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear, especially if it is on tape.

DDT

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:44 am

PETA's modus operandi may be patently self-serving but Asmussen's is equally suspect. Where there's smoke there's fire.
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:49 am

For me, personally, PETA has absolutely no integrity or believability. I think of their stuff as comic book material. If it was on paper it would be in the outhouse with the Sears catalog. I don't know anyone out there with a mouth who has not uttered phrases and words, at sometime in their life, that if restrung by a good editor would not make a very nice noose.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Blue feather
Allowance Winner

Postby Blue feather » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:20 pm

I often hear of similar accusations about the cruelty in thoroughbred racing. As we all know, regardless of the business, there are bad apples In every industry which can tarnish its reputation. I have been working along side these amazing animals in the racing business for over 30 years. I would like to hear from some of my peers about their personal experiences are far as the care of their horses. In order to compete, I give my horses impeccable care not only for the love of them but because I feel it necessary to give them the best chance to win. The majority of trainers and owners I observe on the backside do the same. When the exception happens and these cases get put under the microscope, the damage done in my opinion far outweighs the good PETA is trying to do by preventing what they call cruelty. Consider the impact of shutting down racing altogether which is what I believe PETA desires. Too overwhelming to even consider.

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:28 pm

I agree that PETA, like many career politicians, has lost sight of what is important and become consumed with its own political goals.

But I also know the combination of evil and dumb allegiance when I hear it. Nothing is black or white, but Blasi sickens me. If Asmussen keeps associating himself with people like Blasi and Chapa...there's a term for that.

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:13 pm

The mare dumping story undoubtedly put the Asmussens on PETA's radar screen and sent the organization looking for something more damning and headline making.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s ... r-auction/

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -me-rescue
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V