Groupie Doll's foal?

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Groupie Doll's foal?

Postby Heidilady » Sat May 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Mandy Pope decided to deal with the situation privately after Groupie Doll had a (one week) premature foal in March. She didn't want a media circus and drama around it. The thing is I've looked on the Breeders' Cup site and there's nothing listed for the 2015 foal of Groupie Doll so I'm wondering if the foal passed away and it was just never publicly announced. You'd think it'd be listed as a colt and there's nothing which is often an indication that a foaling didn't work out or was aborted or the mare was barren but bred. Groupie Doll was also scheduled to go back to Tapit. I dunno if she got in foal or how that went. I get privacy but a little info would be nice since she's a fan favorite and they renamed the Gardenia after her.

Of course still no foal listed for Date With Destiny even though we know she had a healthy one. Not loving the data update situation there.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

Re: Groupie Doll's foal?

Postby CherryDavis » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:07 am

There is a Bloodhorse slide show of the foal on their website. He is lovely and has returned to the farm, they say he has recovered well.