General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

TJ
Darley line

Re: I'm finally a part owner

Postby TJ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Toccet02 wrote:
TJ wrote:
Toccet02 wrote:Silent Glory in this Sunday at Aqueduct, on grass as TJ speculated, mile and a 16th, 9th race. Going to go. Somehow. :)

Hi Toccet,
The race came up tough and Silent Glory drew the far outside post for his turf debut, which is not a good place to be. If Gary decides to let him run, he will have a lot to overcome in here to perform well. Gary has the favorite in the race as well (Extinct Charm) and named Castellano listed to ride, so don't be concerned if he doesn't run Sunday. On the bright side, Silent Glory worked very well for this race...he worked the same day over the same track as Contessa's other horse and Silent Glory worked much faster then Extinct Charm did....working 3 and 1/5th seconds faster! So maybe he could use the speed he showed in that work to break well and gain good position from his outside post? Past Performances are below, good luck! TJ
click on Silent Glory: http://www.garycontessa.com/entries-results/

Scratched...but due to spparent stomach-ache rather than post position. Gary really wanted to try turf. Theythink he'll be fine, but I'm nervous till I get confrmation.
In the meantime, my disappointed daughter Rachael wrote this with very little help from me:
"Oh, that's OK" the trainer said,
"relax and eat some hay. If you have a bug,
you'll run like a slug
So you shouldn't race today."

Hi Toccet,
That's really cute, you have a poet in the family....as long as it was just a minor case of colic (gas colic being the least severe form) all will be fine, they bounce back pretty quickly after minor treatment...so listen to the poet and relax:>) TJ

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Awww, that's a very cute poem.

Kari
Allowance Winner

Postby Kari » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:57 am

Toccet02 wrote:
Scratched...but due to spparent stomach-ache rather than post position. Gary really wanted to try turf. Theythink he'll be fine, but I'm nervous till I get confrmation.
In the meantime, my disappointed daughter Rachael wrote this with very little help from me:
"Oh, that's OK" the trainer said,
"relax and eat some hay. If you have a bug,
you'll run like a slug
So you shouldn't race today."

:D LOVE IT!! I'd frame the poem with a copy of the scratch notification!

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:33 pm

By the way, SG was indeed fine, galloped the next morning in fact. Looking for a race for him around December 6
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:50 am

Gary has two in again Thursday Dec 3rd (Extinct Charm and Silent Glory). This one is a high priced open company maiden claimer ($75,000). Both Extinct Charm and Silent Glory drew good post positions for the distance and there will be scratches to SG's inside if it stays on the grass (rain expected today and tomorrow?). Here's the past performance's. Good Luck Toccet! TJ
http://www.garycontessa.com/entries-results/

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Thanks. I was a bit startled by the claiming aspect...but GC knows best.

----Arrested Development

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Oh, and Modiste is back at Belmont. "1/2 mile fit".

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 am

Hi Toccet,
Glad to see Modiste is downstate and getting ready....guess we should see a breeze from her soon? If she stays healthy, no telling how good she could be this winter in NY?
It's starting to get interesting now with SG in the entries, Wally working an easy 1/2 this past Monday and Modiste hitting the work tab soon...with a bit of luck all three will be in the entries come the New Year. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:58 am

Hi Toccet,
Nice race for SG in his 2nd start, which was taken off the turf and run over a muddy track. Ran very similar to his first race and put in the same run. You could see he was held way back off the pace (in last position) and did shy once again from the dirt. He was unable to get off the inside to avoid the kickback and showed grit going through it from last to his eventual 4th place finish. Gary's other horse Extinct Charm won the race, Cyber Security 2nd, Formulate 3rd (both trained by Chad Brown) and Silent Glory got the 4th spot. He once again showed his fondness for the rail through the lane, but avoided making contact with the 5th horse as he went by him. Being a much fitter horse off this effort and a possible return to NY Breds, he should continue to run well. TJ

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi Toccet. I read the chart (thanks TJ) and that was a very eventful trip, bumped at the start and then the rein snapped near the finish, and of course it was off the turf. Good effort!

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:28 pm

Thanks guys, yes Gary was pretty impressed. He says this is only his second snapped rein in 30 years. He said also that we need two turns and "we can get that soon". "Tony" seems a pretty tough customer; brave. In addition to everything in the chart, the head on looked like he brushed rail near finish too! He's like magnetically drawn to it. Get Borel for him . . ha ha.

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:40 pm

Toccet02 wrote:Thanks guys, yes Gary was pretty impressed. He says this is only his second snapped rein in 30 years. He said also that we need two turns and "we can get that soon". "Tony" seems a pretty tough customer; brave. In addition to everything in the chart, the head on looked like he brushed rail near finish too! He's like magnetically drawn to it. Get Borel for him . . ha ha.

Hi Toccet,
I watched the race and had no idea his rein snapped....even more impressive. Looks like he's gonna follow in Naughty New Yorker's shoes:>) Wow...very impressive, the chart reads like a battle:>) Here's the chart and a long story, while getting aid from a fellow rider pulling up. TJ
http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRacesInd ... 51203&RN=4

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Here's the replay. Scroll to race 4. TJ
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... cers=false

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Tony back in December 30, race 4. MSW 1.16. May actually drag family to see. :^)

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Toccet02 wrote:Tony back in December 30, race 4. MSW 1.16. May actually drag family to see. :^)

Hi Toccet,
Good luck....many times turf oriented horses run well over the inner track at Aqueduct. Let's hope he takes to it in his first try over that surface. Below find the pp's for the race, you know who to click on:>) TJ

http://www.garycontessa.com/entries-results/