Leading Sire

Re: I'm finally a part owner

Postby geowarrior » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Good luck!

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Decent 5th place finish for Silent Glory today. He showed more early speed today and ran a solid race....just seemed to weaken from his sustained bid inside the 1/2 mile pole. This run should do a lot for his fitness level. Modiste and Wallydabally worked 5/8ths together on Monday....looking forward to seeing them get in a race. Good Luck. TJ

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:47 pm

Best of luck for your runners in the new year, which I hope will include lots of winner's circle pics!
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Wallydabally debuts tomorrow at aqueduct. MCL, 40K...have asked Gary for reasons on that but haven't heard back yet.
Can't go---am singing an opera tomorrow night! can't risk an allergy attack. Local church performance of Amahl asked me to step in as a shepherdess. :D
GO WALLY!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi Toccet,
Modiste shouldn't be far behind...can't wait to see how she comes back! Here's the pp's for your race....good luck to Wally in his debut and "Toi, toi ,toi" to you:>) TJ
http://www.garycontessa.com/entries-results/

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Be anxious to hear opinions of those who watched replay--but he looked like there's some potential there. came in 5th. seemed about to rally and then faltered...just green I hope. slow time though.

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi Toccet,
I thought it was a good race for his first try. Looked like he may have hit his head when he pulled away from his handler at the start, just as they sprung it. He ran like a an old pro and put in a run at the right time, he should do well in his next try...a little more distance wouldn't hurt him at all. TJ

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Gary said he has been giving them mixed signals in the morning so he didn't know what to expect at all. And yes, distance next out.
by the way--I've made back 3% of my initial investment and expenses to date, and our partnership is right in the middle (rank) of all owners for 2015 earnings. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Must be a lot of losing owners out there!

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:03 am

Toccet02 wrote:Gary said he has been giving them mixed signals in the morning so he didn't know what to expect at all. And yes, distance next out.
by the way--I've made back 3% of my initial investment and expenses to date, and our partnership is right in the middle (rank) of all owners for 2015 earnings. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Must be a lot of losing owners out there!

Hi Toccet,
It's tough with young horses...half the battle is getting them to the races and working through their aliments along the way...lots of time and bills before they get to the races. If Silent Glory and Wally stay healthy I expect to see them make some major contributions and put a big dent in improving your bottom line.
Did Gary say anything about Modiste. Her workout pattern seems odd with 2 published works two days in a row (1/3 and 1/4)? TJ

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:27 pm

yes, he said early Feb for her and SG worked today--pointing towards something on the 23rd.
re earnings and rank---believe me, our placing shows how many never make it this far. I'm thrilled to have 3 starters from 3 purchased, two of those as 2YOs. I know that in itself is an acheivement.

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi Toccet,
Yes, your guys are doing very well and 3 for 3 is certainly an achievement in itself. Not one ran and earned the also ran piece of the pot for showing up....all 5th and 4th place finishes. Looks like Gary sent SG and Modiste out together this morning. Really hope Modiste comes back good, if she does look out:>)
There's two spots on the 23rd for SG, both 2 turns for NY Breds....one a mdn. claiming 40,000 and the other a MDSPWT. I wonder if Gary might decide to throw Wally in one of those spots? Two weeks would be just right considering he ran evenly and the race could be considered a paid workout, not to mention the added distance? Good Luck....TJ

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:13 am

SG supposed to be in a MSW Saturday, but the storm makes this very doubtful.

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi Toccet,
Yes, that storm looks serious....here's the past performances just in case. TJ
http://www.garycontessa.com/entries-results/

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Hope everyone's OK in this storm! I added some casual pics I took myself to my guys' records...since no one else did since May, I figured it's OK. Enjoy! (Modiste, Silent Glory, and Wallydabally)

----Arrested Development

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Got Slent Glory in on Saturday, and Modiste in on Sunday.
Can I go to either race?
Nooooooo! :evil:
But happy they're running

----Arrested Development