I'm finally a part owner

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

TJ
Darley line

Re: I'm finally a part owner

Postby TJ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:55 pm

Toccet02 wrote:Met Silent Glory . . .Wally is actually at Aqueduct. Anyway--what a sweet, intelligent horse. He was extremely quiet as he was having his standing bandages put on, and let me stroke his nose and feed him carrots and apples (he was so careful not to bite my fingers that he really had trouble with that apple). Later (after Gary's guys offred a "pony" ride that my girls were too scared to try), I went back to his stall and he left his full bucket of grain to just socialize with me---looking right at me with his ears way up while I talked to him. For all that though, they said he gets very fired up when working. He may run this weekend--fingers crossed.

Oh--and I did Advair and Claritin plus eye drops---doc didn't prescribe steroids or Zyrtec after all--don't know if it was an error or I misunderstood--in any case I did MUCH better than I usually do.
HOPE!

Hi Toccet,
Glad you got through the visit without any serious allergic reaction. I saw they had a race for Silent Glory this weekend...the racing office put up an "extra race" for Saturday on the Friday overnight against Maiden NY Breds at a mile. I was going to ask if he might go in there since he had a couple more nice works since he went that mile in company with Manhattan Dan. Manhattan Dan, by the way, is expected to run in the BC Juvenile Turf. Hope he gets his career started...entries close tomorrow and will post the entries and pp's if he draws in. TJ

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:43 pm

Yes, he's pointed for that race if they run it. We stayed to see Gary in a suit and manhattan dan run in the Futurity--came in third--but what was totally striking was his tot on the way back. Gorgeous, floaty, showy. Excellent second career opportunities there!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:54 pm

Toccet02 wrote:Yes, he's pointed for that race if they run it. We stayed to see Gary in a suit and manhattan dan run in the Futurity--came in third--but what was totally striking was his tot on the way back. Gorgeous, floaty, showy. Excellent second career opportunities there!

Hi Toccet,
They didn't use that maiden race on Saturday for SG. Next available races in the book for SG come on Oct 28 (Open MSW 6f and NYB 40,000 mdn claiming), Oct 29 Open MSW 1 Mile, Oct 31 NYB MSW 1 Mile turf and Nov 1 Open MSW 6f turf and NYB MSW 6f Turf. That's not counting any extra races that might come up on the overnights. It's a pain in the neck waiting for them to get in:>)
I guess Gary decided against running Manhattan Dan in the BC Turf...pretty nice workmate for your horse though, Gary wouldn't do that unless he thought they have similar ability? Good Luck, TJ
PS...just put up that MSW NY Bred race going a mile on the xtra races for Wednesday....they didn't use it again, but it's back on again for Thursday....enter tomorrow. No go again for Thursday....back on for Saturday as extra 7. This is the annoying part of the business:>) He worked a nice 1/2 yesterday over the training track (13 of 81)....would be perfect if he gets to run Saturday.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:09 pm

Silent Glory debuts on Halloween (he's going as a WINNAH) at Belmont, 1st race, at the charmingly Breeder's Cupp-Y post of 11:45 AM.
I cannot go in person...car maintennance.

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:26 pm

Hi Toccet,
So glad to see he finally got in. Hope he runs well, certainly training well. The past performances are below, you know which one to click on:>) TJ
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatc ... ummary.htm

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Good luck!

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Totally overshadowed by Breeder's Cup of course, but he ran 5th. According to chart he bumped; according to another partner the jock (Cancel) said he was pulling too hard to rail and not using enough forward energy, and accorfing to Gary he ate dirt and didn't handle it well, BUT he didn't back out and ran kinda evenly.
I probably made about $32.00....any shopping ideas for my new found wealth?

----Arrested Development

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Allergy medicine?

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:01 am

:lol:
geowarrior wrote:Allergy medicine?

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:13 am

Hi Toccet,
Silent Glory ran a good race considering he was sent a mile first time out. Not too many come out and win in their first start at that distance....though the winner was a first time starter. He seemed a bit green and ran in spots and though the track was listed as fast....it didn't look like that to me. When they zero in on the winner at the wire (at about 2:15 and again at 3:23) you can see the dirt caked on the riders boots, his helmet, silks, the horses chest. Silent Glory and the winner were last and next to last early and they both looked good rallying together. You can clearly see Silent Glory (white saddle cloth, #2) was edging to the rail when he actually came in on the 4 horse at about the 1:10 point of the replay looking for the rail as Eric Cancel said. Also at that point he and the winner were running head to head. Seems like he just got tired after that extended run he made with the eventual winner. He had to be eating plenty dirt, but ran well into it despite not enjoying it....just looked like he wasn't tight enough to go the entire mile distance this time. Turning for home, he ran well once he got to the rail, just didn't have a strong kick left...he should be set for a top effort next time out. I wonder if Gary might send him to Florida for turf racing after what he said...."ate dirt and didn't handle it well"?? TJ

Here's the replay: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... n-10-31-15

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:05 am

Thanks, as always TJ . . . I don't know how you find the time and take the interest . . . but I love ya for it!

Gary said "Aqueduct here we come"...so maybe early season grass. I'm just enjoying my experience, eating dirt and all. Hey . . .American Pharoah's first race was his worst, too. :wink:

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:26 am

Toccet02 wrote:Thanks, as always TJ . . . I don't know how you find the time and take the interest . . . but I love ya for it!

Gary said "Aqueduct here we come"...so maybe early season grass. I'm just enjoying my experience, eating dirt and all. Hey . . .American Pharoah's first race was his worst, too. :wink:

Hi Toccet,
You're welcome...I'm glad that you are enjoying your experience with Gary. I thought you would be happy with him. He's a great guy and goes out of his way to afford all his owners up to date info on their horses condition. Many horses that might prefer turf to dirt run very well over the inner at Aqueduct. Looking forward to watching his next race.
Keep eating dirt and I think you will soon be done with your allergies:>) All the best, TJ

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:37 am

Silent Glory in this Sunday at Aqueduct, on grass as TJ speculated, mile and a 16th, 9th race. Going to go. Somehow. :)

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:22 pm

Toccet02 wrote:Silent Glory in this Sunday at Aqueduct, on grass as TJ speculated, mile and a 16th, 9th race. Going to go. Somehow. :)

Hi Toccet,
The race came up tough and Silent Glory drew the far outside post for his turf debut, which is not a good place to be. If Gary decides to let him run, he will have a lot to overcome in here to perform well. Gary has the favorite in the race as well (Extinct Charm) and named Castellano listed to ride, so don't be concerned if he doesn't run Sunday. On the bright side, Silent Glory worked very well for this race...he worked the same day over the same track as Contessa's other horse and Silent Glory worked much faster then Extinct Charm did....working 3 and 1/5th seconds faster! So maybe he could use the speed he showed in that work to break well and gain good position from his outside post? Past Performances are below, good luck! TJ
click on Silent Glory: http://www.garycontessa.com/entries-results/

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:02 pm

TJ wrote:
Toccet02 wrote:Silent Glory in this Sunday at Aqueduct, on grass as TJ speculated, mile and a 16th, 9th race. Going to go. Somehow. :)

Hi Toccet,
The race came up tough and Silent Glory drew the far outside post for his turf debut, which is not a good place to be. If Gary decides to let him run, he will have a lot to overcome in here to perform well. Gary has the favorite in the race as well (Extinct Charm) and named Castellano listed to ride, so don't be concerned if he doesn't run Sunday. On the bright side, Silent Glory worked very well for this race...he worked the same day over the same track as Contessa's other horse and Silent Glory worked much faster then Extinct Charm did....working 3 and 1/5th seconds faster! So maybe he could use the speed he showed in that work to break well and gain good position from his outside post? Past Performances are below, good luck! TJ
click on Silent Glory: http://www.garycontessa.com/entries-results/

Scratched...but due to spparent stomach-ache rather than post position. Gary really wanted to try turf. Theythink he'll be fine, but I'm nervous till I get confrmation.
In the meantime, my disappointed daughter Rachael wrote this with very little help from me:
"Oh, that's OK" the trainer said,
"relax and eat some hay. If you have a bug,
you'll run like a slug
So you shouldn't race today."

----Arrested Development