Wallydabally

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

Re: Wallydabally

Postby CherryDavis » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi Madelyn,
No it does not interfere with that. The old system that removed them from the registry completely was a total disaster and depending on the show management sometimes it did interfere with their ability to participate. I personally know of 2, well bred, stakes mares that were euthanized because they were removed from the registry and could not be used as broodmares and had career ending injuries. One had a condylar fracture and one had 2 blown suspensories. The retirement program that took them off the track de-registered them without evaluating them first or understanding that injured stakes mares can still find nice broodmare homes. They were 4 and 6. Very sad. I made many calls to the JC about the old program and luckily other breeders far more powerful than I also made those calls. The new program issues new "retired" papers and it is impossible to order duplicate racing papers. The horses maintain their breed status in the registry though which preserves their ability to be used for breeding.

-CD

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Re: Wallydabally

Postby Tappiano » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:43 pm

http://www.registry.jockeyclub.com/registry.cfm?page=retiredFromRacingList

They stamp the papers "retired from racing" and send them back out. I had actually been "returned" the papers once because the "notary" wasn't over my signature and the person who bought him.