To the "Magic Light Orchestra" hypo mating creator

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

To the "Magic Light Orchestra" hypo mating creator

Postby Heidilady » Sun May 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Whomever decided to pair (apparently non-existent at least in the US) mares Mille Stelle and Majuli with stallions like Tapit to create 15, yes 15, hypo matings of 2018 foals and call it "Magic Light Orchestra," a name that would never clear the Jockey Club on character number alone, and mark at least 2 of them G1 winners you need to take a flying leap. I'm gonna go through and delete every blasted one and you're gonna knock it off. I figured someone had marked a non-G1 winner as a G1W (annoying enough because nobody's gonna think your mare's a G1 producer and you had to go out of your way to do it), then put the entry in twice, but when I went to delete them, a delightful little surprise awaited me. I imagine that's not the only shenanigans pulled here.

Use the Bloodhorse Stallion Registry to look at hypo matings with mares. It's free, and it doesn't mess up this database. Jerk.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: To the "Magic Light Orchestra" hypo mating creator

Postby Georgerz » Sun May 13, 2018 10:03 pm

I posted in the research request section a couple of horses that were entered with two females as parents. Since none answer to the request to correct the records, I just went ahead and deleted the offending entries.