Tale of S'avall

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Tale of S'avall

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Tale of S'avall was a good racehorse even though he hasn't won a stakes race. He has placed in a couple of graded stakes and won his 3rd allowance race in 1:22 and change for 7 furlongs.

He is five years old now and hasn't raced since 2017. He also is not at stud as far as I can tell. I wonder what is going on with him. Are his connections planning to race him again? Are there other plans for him? Anyone here know?
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Tale of S'avall

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 pm

No claiming races for Tale of S'avall. Of his 16 races, 12 were stakes races, 11 graded, and 3 allowance races which he won all 3 and one maiden race at Saratoga (1:10:25 for 6F). His times for the allowance races were 1:35:19 for a mile, 1:23:36 and 1:22:39 for 7F. Tale of S'avall did have some speed.

Tale of S'avall's owner is a very rich man, maybe a billionaire. So, rather than send him to a farm where he won't get much action with a low stud fee, maybe his owner would just as soon keep him close by (like a pet or something) rather than send him far away where he won't make that much money anyway.

Five year old Tale of S'avall won $364,517 so far, but has not raced in almost a year, and has not worked out lately, so it seems less and less likely that we will be seeing him on the racetrack again.

Tale of S'avall has a good pedigree in my opinion and would probably be a good stallion if he ever does go to stud.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:56 pm

About Tale of S'avall's pedigree: His sire is Tale of Ekati, grandson of Storm Cat. His dam is S'avall.

Tale of S'avall's BM sire is Awesome Again, 2nd dam sire is Seeking the Gold, 3rd dam sire is Pleasant Colony, 4th dam sire is Nijinsky, 5th dam sire is Mr. Prospector.

Tale of Savall is inbred to Mr. Prospector 4x5x4x5. Tale of Ekati's BM sire is Sunday Silence.

The most unusual part of Tale of S'avall's pedigree is that his sire and dam both come from the same female line, and he is inbred to Maplejinsky, 3x4 with Maplejinsky being in both the female lines of both his sire and dam, Tale of Ekati and S'avall.

Looks like there is enough good stuff in Tale of S'avall's pedigree alone to make him a good sire.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Remember Tale of Verve? He is the horse that finished 2nd to American Pharoah in the 2015 Preakness Stakes. He also has the same owner and sire, Tale of Ekati, as Tale of S'avall.

Anyway, Tale of Verve is going to stud at his owner's C. F. Farms in Kentucky for a $2000 stud fee. I did not know that his owner was going to have stallions at his farm, and as far as I know, Tale of Verve is the first one.

Tale of Verve looks to have a good pedigree being from the Storm Cat sire line and with Unbridled as his BM sire. Also, he has a full sister, Verve's Tale, that is a graded stakes winner and has won a lot of money.

As for Tale of S'avall, don't know if there are any plans to race him again, but he might eventually end up as a stallion at his owner's farm as well as Tale of Verve.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:43 pm

I looked over some death lists of thoroughbreds, but did not see Tale of S'Avall on any of them.

I guess that Tale of S'Avall is just one of numerous horses that just have seemed to disappear.
Shawklit Won.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Shawklit Won wrote:I looked over some death lists of thoroughbreds, but did not see Tale of S'Avall on any of them.

I guess that Tale of S'Avall is just one of numerous horses that just have seemed to disappear.

Where does one find these lists?
some of mine have dropped off face of the earth and JC doesn't always list as deceased.
Thanks
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Wed May 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Toccet02 wrote:
Shawklit Won wrote:I looked over some death lists of thoroughbreds, but did not see Tale of S'Avall on any of them.

Where does one find these lists?
some of mine have dropped off face of the earth and JC doesn't always list as deceased.
Thanks

I googled them. There may be more lists someplace.
Shawklit Won.