Equineline discrepancies

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

mehile
Maiden Special Weight

Equineline discrepancies

Postby mehile » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:44 pm

I didn't realize the info on equineline could be wrong. I was looking at a hypo mating and this showed up. Thought it looked off so I looked it up.

Nicking Stats for mares by Forty Niner when bred to Birdstone

mares - 2
foals - 2
starters (%) - 2
winners (%) - 2
BW (%) - 1
earnings (%) - $27,487
ael - 0.15

There were two foals per this site, but only one raced and it was only a claimer, no blacktype. How did equineline come up with this info?

madelyn

Re: Equineline discrepancies

Postby madelyn » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:07 am

This site is usually incomplete. I would not use its data above that of equineline.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

mehile
Maiden Special Weight

Postby mehile » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:04 pm

O for sure. I double checked the info on equibase. The two progeny that show up on this site are real, but one was just a claimer and the other didn't race, so either there is another foal that somehow got blacktype but no earnings or the info is just wrong. I guess either way it's wrong because it says just two foals.

Not important really, I was just surprised to find the discrepancy.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:06 pm

This is the same site that lets Ruffian have foals regularly. They won't invest money in fundamentals such as 40 year old mares don't normally have foals or that horses as valuable as Storm Cat should not wind up gelded.

But if you want to believe this site is accurate more power to you :lol:

mehile
Maiden Special Weight

Postby mehile » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:32 pm

I'm not talking about this site. I am well aware this site has all sorts of issues. I only use it as a side tool for extra info that isn't readily available on equibase or equineline. I'm talking about an issue on equineline. It shows there are two foals by birdstone out of forty niner mares it says both raced and one has black type. Looking on equineline and equibase I can't find a foal from that cross with blacktype or a second foal that raced. Again not any big thing, just an odd anomaly I thought someone on here might find interesting.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:36 pm

Mot Mot ch f 2006 Birdstone - Head Count by Forty Niner is a listed S winner in Panama and noted as such at Equineline. Per BRIS, she won the '08 Pr Antonio Stanziola Emilianim, came in 3d in another listed race that year and again in '10.

mehile
Maiden Special Weight

Postby mehile » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:37 pm

Thanks Pan Zareta, makes way more sense now. I looked on equibase and it has her listed as unraced, I forgot it only shows North American info. Wish there was a site that was all inclusive for all the countries.