Saudi Cup - Amazing

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Saudi Cup - Amazing

Postby Joltman » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:30 am

That Saudi Cup was amazing and heartwarming. That Max Security, the $16 claimer, could travel over there, hold his form, get a little worked up waiting for the King to arrive, press the pace, dodge the frontrunner 3 times in the stretch, hold off Midnight Bisou in deep stretch. Well I think he earned his $10 mil. And a turn of justice for Saez, who was accused of being unable to handle the horse (or worse), and for Servis. Halfway through the turn I thought he was done and said so, as Saez had to drive on him for what looked like a half a mile. Just great stuff. And the results are official.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

madelyn

Re: Saudi Cup - Amazing

Postby madelyn » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:32 am

It's an ironic twist that Country House, who got puffed up into the win by the KY stewards, has turned out to be probably the most unsound horse in that race. The DSLD is hereditary and that horse should not be bred. With Churchill's new pre entry vet check, pre workout vet check, etc., a horse like Country House would never have got to the Derby because he wouldn't have passed. Maximum Security was unfairly judged to be not the best horse in the Derby. How silly they look now. Yesterday he showed he is the best horse in the WORLD.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:33 am

Country House turned out to be a bust... but I am convinced running him as much as they did to get him INTO the Derby wasn't so smart after all. From Haskin's Apr 16, 2019 Derby Dozen:

Because he is such a big strong horse and thrives on racing, Mott ran him back in three weeks off his fourth in the Louisiana Derby to get enough points to make the Derby field, and he accomplished that. Because he is such a hardy horse I don’t believe he will have any problem coming back in another three weeks, and in fact may benefit from it, as he is still a work in progress and can certainly handle it.
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky ... -farm.aspx

Hmm...

Can they not test for DSLD?

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:39 am

So was Max Sec's big run due to drugs? This is disheartening. It doesn't do justice to what the horse could, and actually, did. So there's an asterisk next to his race and who knows what will happen to the purse...
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.