I think TVG is really missing the boat

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

perryT200
Weanling

I think TVG is really missing the boat

Postby perryT200 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:21 pm

No hockey. No baseball. No March madness. No NBA.

Every mailbox in America should have a postcard with an activation code for $5 free dollars to bet the horses.

Take the market share while the gamblers are freaking out that they can't bet the normal stuff.

Even if there is no one at the track the races will be on TV or computer.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: I think TVG is really missing the boat

Postby Joltman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 pm

I'm not a gambler, but if I wanted to market to gamblers I would be pushing their existing platforms with Betfair. But it would be wise to look at a lot of other options - like partnering with NBCSN and FSN or ESPN to get the signal out to people looking for something interesting to watch. The money would follow. I would be curious to see what's happened to handle on the tracks still running. It should be through the roof.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:12 pm

But it is only available in certain states. I know you can get a TVG accounts in states with racetracks but I think not in any of the others.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

perryT200
Weanling

Postby perryT200 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:38 pm

madelyn wrote:But it is only available in certain states. I know you can get a TVG accounts in states with racetracks but I think not in any of the others.

That is correct. Last Thanksgiving while I was in MO I had to tell TVG I was in IL to place bets