Hats off to Knicks Go for outperforming his female line

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

steward
Allowance Winner

Hats off to Knicks Go for outperforming his female line

Postby steward » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:07 pm

Not very much quality, going waaaay back.

madelyn

Re: Hats off to Knicks Go for outperforming his female line

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:19 am

I wonder what you consider a performing female line. His dam, Vaulted, was apparently a sound mare, stakes placed, who made about $131K in 48 starts. The second dam, Kosmos Buddy, was a multiple stakes winner who ran out $298K in 37 starts. There are lots of formulas for breeding good racehorses. This is the kind that says a good line of racemares can throw something. I applaud the breeder for breeding for a sound horse with ability crossing good solid lines way back and not over-breeding the mare or ignoring pedigree and conformation in search of the "sales" horse. This horse is a nice step up for Paynter, and reinforces the thought that his offspring are best if you have patience and a sound one.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: Hats off to Knicks Go for outperforming his female line

Postby Joltman » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:53 am

Notable too that without the headline grabber graded stakes in the dam side, access to the top-line stallions was not going to happen, making it all the more impressive. Still, a half sister to the third Dam won the Matriarch G1, a very prestigious G1 at that - so there was always latent potential. People in the mid-Atlantic will be impressed by those MdMillion stakes performances - they are tough and often stepping stones.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.