General Discussion

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Touchy
Weanling

General Discussion

Postby Touchy » Tue May 25, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi, all from Australia.

I have been away for six months so am just catching up with the Message Board.

I noticed, one contributor has complained about the initials JRD.
I find this somewhat disconcerting, as, I update regularly with WTS. These are my initials, so as to confirm that the information is correct.
If it is an addition to a pedigree, for Australian horses, I also put the page, Volume number, and Life number, from the Australian Studbook.
If it is for a more recent racehorse, I give the only the fact that is in the Digital Australian Studbook, along with the Life number.

We used to have a lady, called Diane who used the name "BENDOR", who has sadly passed away. She was a great help to any that asked her about pedigrees.
I think she was also on the committee of the message board.

Anyway, to the contributor who removes the JRD, I will still put my initials on my posts, and if you remove the same, it will not worry me.

Should any subscriber ever needs assistance with the Australian studbook, I have the whole set from Volume 1 to current, and I will assist

Cheers,
Wayne Terrence Such
[email protected]
"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man." W.Churchill.

Touchy
Weanling

Re: General Discussion

Postby Touchy » Wed May 26, 2021 1:06 pm

Hi, again from Australia.

I have just looked up some correspondence from Diane, whom I mentioned in my last post.

Diane's full name was Diane Nyland, and she lived near Bundaberg, Queensland.

I may also note that we also lost on the 22/May/2021 Bert Russell. He was a great, pedigree enthusiast, writer, publisher, and a fine gentleman.

I do not know if he was a member of this group, but he was a good friend to all that knew him.

Cheers
WTS.
"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man." W.Churchill.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Re: General Discussion

Postby Mahubah » Fri May 28, 2021 1:17 pm

Diane's knowledge was remarkably in-depth and her willingness to share it was generous. She is missed.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis