Thoroughbred Times Cover Picture Aug 28th 2004

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

easterstar
Newborn

Postby easterstar » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:21 pm

picture from the Thoroughbred Times from last year's BC. Looks like the same bulges there. Maybe he just has a lot of muscle in those areas so that in certain stages of the gallop it just really bulges like that? It only seems to be that side, and only at certain stages of the gallop that the bulges are really noticable. I sure haven't seen pictures of other horses like that! I kinda wish I subscribed to the TB Times, just so I could see the picture in person. ;) Did the B-H have a picture of him showing the same weird bulges? I don't remember seeing a funky picture like that...

As for the picture, how would any of us know unless we saw the original? It isn't too hard to alter pictures if you've got decent software and know how to use it. Not saying that this one is, though, after finding some other pictures that rather show the same thing. ;)

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:26 pm

Very interesting, I definitely see the same bulges in the pic Easterstar posted, and in the other one posted by Linda from Tx the bulge is there and visible by his elbow but not as obvious on the neck. Must be the horse and the way his mucles "bunch" as they contract at different parts of his stride.

Verrrrrry interesting.

Tairaterces
Grade III Winner

Postby Tairaterces » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:28 am

easterstar wrote:
"Did the B-H have a picture of him showing the same weird bulges? I don't remember seeing a funky picture like that..."

Yes they did. August 28th issue, page 4546, although the bulge in the neck in not as prominent and the angle and light is different. Both pictures were by Benoit & Assoc. One other interesting thing is on the cover of B-H it shows a deep hole where the neck bulge should be. That horse has some interesting musculature.

Tairaterces
:roll:
"and Secretariat let no one down on the unforgettable afternoon of June 9, 1973, when he ran a hole in the wind"
~Bob Ehalt~

Avatar: Istabraq (Sadler's Wells x Betty's Secret by Secretariat) Champion Hurdler

easterstar
Newborn

Postby easterstar » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:31 am

Tairaterces wrote:Yes they did. August 28th issue, page 4546, although the bulge in the neck in not as prominent and the angle and light is different. Both pictures were by Benoit & Assoc. One other interesting thing is on the cover of B-H it shows a deep hole where the neck bulge should be. That horse has some interesting musculature.

Thanks, I'll have to remember to dig out that issue when I go home and check it out. :) This is one weird horse!