R Kinsley Doll

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Toccet02
Leading Sire

R Kinsley Doll

Postby Toccet02 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:17 pm

Anyone see what happened or know what happened to her today, Tampa race 2? She broke down and was euthanized per this database, but in replay it looked like she fell and didn't move. Heart issue? Appreciate any info. Thanks
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Re: R Kinsley Doll

Postby TJ » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 am

Toccet02 wrote:Anyone see what happened or know what happened to her today, Tampa race 2? She broke down and was euthanized per this database, but in replay it looked like she fell and didn't move. Heart issue? Appreciate any info. Thanks

Hi Toccet,
In most cases when a horse has a heart attack, they will raise their head up high in the air in a futile attempt to get more oxygen. Though in watching the replay I didn't see anything like that with R Kinsley Doll. I agree it looked like she went down and didn't move? The official chart says she broke down at the 1/4 pole. From what I saw of the rider, he was repeatedly using his stick on her outside shoulder (in what looked like an attempt to keep her from getting out)? Shortly after that she went down.
That being said, without knowing the horses history, this is all conjecture. Below find the replay of the race in question and see what you think. Also below (use discretion in viewing) is the 1990 BC Sprint in which Mr. Nickerson dies from a heart attack...note how he continually lifts his head higher and higher into the air before going down (this begins approximately 55 seconds into the video...he was about in 7th position moving outside and clear of the gray horse right before the attack). TJ
Tampa Bay reply...click race 2: http://www.tampabaydowns.com/racing/rep ... aceNumber=
1990 BC Sprint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5an_VD-YCk

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Re: R Kinsley Doll

Postby Toccet02 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:05 pm

Thanks TJ. Good, if gruesome, info about heart issue signs.
She was one of my wish-I-could-bid purchases, and a good one. no long layoffs, no known injuries. was stakes winner.
Any way the track would say? I suppose not.
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.

----Arrested Development