Best Horses To Never Win A Stakes Race

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Best Horses To Never Win A Stakes Race

Postby Shawklit Won » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Turns out that we won't be seeing Dark Vader at Emerald Downs. Dark Vader is entered in a couple of Ohio state bred 100K stakes races at Thistledown race track on the 13th of August (this coming Saturday). They are 6F and 10F races. He will have to scratch from at least one of those races unless they plan to race him in both races that day.

This could be a good thing for DV. He is an Ohio bred and his chances of ending on an Ohio farm later may be better than it would be to end up on a farm if he were in another state. Maybe his breeder will want to take him in, or his present owner, or someone else who has been following his career.

BTW, his full sister, Totally Obsessed, is also racing in a 100K stakes race for state bred fillies and mares on that same day at Thistledown. She has won a couple of those kind of stakes races before along with some allowance races.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:36 pm

Dark Vader finished 5th in the 6F 100K stakes race for Ohio bred horses at Thistledown today. Thinking about it, I am not surprised. He usually runs in races at a mile to 9 furlongs. He is not a sprinter, and I guess it showed. Also, he may not have been quite ready after just finishing 3rd in an allowance optional claiming race at Del Mar 20 days ago.

I think that Dark Vader should do much better when he is entered in races for Ohio bred horses at Thistledown, and other Ohio tracks, even though he is 7 years old. I am assuming that he will be racing in races of 8 to 9 furlongs. I hope it all turns out well for Dark Vader.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:00 pm

Dark Vader, now an 8 year old gelding, finished 2nd in a 100K stakes race yesterday. I guess he can still run some. It was a race for Ohio State breds on turf. Maybe he will be a grass horse now.

The race was a 8.5F race called the Best of Ohio Sydney Gendelman Stakes at Belterra Park. So, Dark Vader may still be racing for a while. He has now won $377,284.
Shawklit Won.