Bang in Sunshine Millions

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Michael
Allowance Winner

Postby Michael » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:55 pm

Thanks, Matie. You can always go to www.equibase.com then to results, official charts, Jan 29, Santa Anita. I believe he's in the 4th or 5th race. He's 20-1 on the morning line (the longest price of his life) so that tells you how he's expected to fare. But I'll be cheering for him like he is Octagonal!

Joe
Starters Handicap

Postby Joe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:23 pm

Good luck Michael. That Shake you Down likes that track. The pace should be insane. Douglas is pretty smart and he's been riding real well lately. Tell him to get you a check. Good luck once again and hope it's a good day for you.

bjar
Newborn

Postby bjar » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:42 pm

Michael. you have a horse good enough to run in a 300,000 race! a fantastic pipe dream!

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:43 pm

Good deal, Michael. I'll try to tune in Saturday to see the race. Go Bang!

Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

Ramona
Allowance Winner

Postby Ramona » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:49 pm

Hope BANG finishes with a BANG! Hope to see you in the winners circle and best of luck. Never know 'til you try.

reenci
Grade II Winner

Re: Bang in Sunshine Millions

Postby reenci » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:26 pm

Michael wrote:We entered my little colt Bang in the Sunshine Million Sprint at Santa Anita this Saturday. This is quite a step up for him, but my partner and I feel he's earned his way into it. Last year he set a track record at Sunland Park for 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:14 1/5 (six furlongs in 1:08), and another track record for 1000 yards, so if he runs anywhere near those races, he might pick up a piece. The only other spots for him were a $40,000 stake at Turf Paradise and a $50,000 stake at Sunland, so the $300,000 for the Millions race looked very tempting in comparison.

We did get leading jockey Rene Douglas to ride, so that's a point in our favor. This is all probably only a pipe dream, but that's what racing is all about, anyway!

The Sunshine Million races will be carried live by NBC at 12:30 pm PST.
mike what do you mean pipe dream!...you would be a dork if you didnt give your colt a chance...let er rip and good luck we will all be rooting for you."big men dream big, small men dream small"

rascal
Maiden Special Weight

Postby rascal » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:39 pm

:D Bon chance and a safe trip to your little colt Bang! :D I'll be watching on Saturday! <..>
Rascal

BenB
Sophomore Sire

bang

Postby BenB » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:33 pm

I,ll hope he returnes safe, and give a +Bang on your accounts
Ben

toadie
Allowance Winner

Postby toadie » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:15 am

Flight wrote:
Can someone please post the result as we don't get the US races beamed over here.

Now that's not fair. HRTV has racing from Australia!

Good luck Michael. I'm setting the VCR
"Most people hate the taste of beer to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome."-Winston Churchill

Flight
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Flight » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:47 am

Toadie

Our races are beamed just about everywhere around the world as Skychannel keep telling us on their advertisements!

Only problem is that they only show us the international races where we happen to have one or two horses racing eg Hong Kong International Day, Choisir and Exceed and Excel at Royal Ascot, Sunline in Dubai because we can then bet on the races which increases the revenue to the TABs (publicly listed companies that are legalised to to take bets on racing and other sporting events who MUST contribute the majority of funding required by our race clubs by legislation).

No use them paying for rights to show other international races as most punters have no exposure to the form and hence would not bet therefore it is not a potentally viable "product". Yet I am sure that Skychannel who happens to be owned by the biggest TAB has made some very nice financial arrangements with the distributors of our racing "product" yet keeps us in the complete dark about racing around the world!

I see more good races on the promos provided by the studs when promoting their stallions than I do on our only pay to view racing channel.....

grrrrrrrr

judi
Allowance Winner

Postby judi » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:34 am

Michael,
Best of luck to Bang. Will be watching, don't forget to wave to us.
Judi

Nancy T
Allowance Winner

Postby Nancy T » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:52 am

with that purse win place or show would not be too shabby either right?

hurleynyc
Maiden Special Weight

Postby hurleynyc » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:10 am

Add my very best wishes, Michael - on this very exciting day. :D Hope to be able to watch him on the tube...

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:45 am

Speed safe! :D
Hopefully I'll see you waving! :D

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:40 am

Michael wrote:I believe he's in the 4th or 5th race. He's 20-1 on the morning line (the longest price of his life) so that tells you how he's expected to fare. But I'll be cheering for him like he is Octagonal!

If he stays anywhere close to that, I might just have to back him! :wink:

Let's see... this is where I always get confused. 12:30 PST would be 9:30 EST, right? Wow, I'm not used to watching horse racing in the morning, but I won't complain! Oh, shoot... just remembered I have a Vet appointment in the morning! Looks like I'll have to record the race and watch it when I get home.

Anyway, good luck... I'll be looking for a guy waving madly at the camera!