A PLAN FOR MAGNA

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

louis finochio
Darley line

A PLAN FOR MAGNA

Postby louis finochio » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:15 pm

To Mr. Frank Stronach: Why dont you move all your mares and stallions to Calif. As Calif. will then have a chance in the Fla. Calif. Sunshine series.

You would have less competition in Calif. with your quality operation.
You would sweep the board clean on Cal Cup Day, and add more quality TB for the fans to bet on and have bigger fields to attract more fans to come to the races.

You would also be earning Calif. breeders awards, as Calif. offers good purses for you quality TB.

Come and join us and bring back the good old days of Calif. racing.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:36 pm

Yeah, I found myself somewhat down in the dumps after watching the Sunshine Millions, as my only horse from either program is a 5yo maiden. Wish we could have similar programs including other states, as those purses are excellent.
Rocking H

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:52 pm

hi guys

It appears that The Sunshine Millions is a great idea...maybe one of Stronach's best.

Unbelievable impact...a national audience on NBC...restricted to Florida-breds and Cal-breds...and it seems to help all causes (don't you think)...Florida & California specifically and thoroughbred racing (and breeding etc) in general.

Maybe someone will start The Frozen Millions...New York versus Kentucky.

Respectfully

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:04 pm

Or the mud-caked trillions at Mountaineer and Penn National weather permitting; for horses that could not run out of sight on a dark night.