Racing

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Re: racing

Postby Green Hills » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:11 pm

BenB wrote:What the hell is bratty.

When she is youthfull in her mind, slow down a little bit and give them time, They,ll make it up to you.

Ben

She's doing fine...6 races...2 firsts, a third and I think a 4th and definitely a 9th, so she is growing and improving.
She will do just fine, but she does have days (don't we all) when she just doesn't like being pushed, and it seems that day was one of them...she'll win her share I have no doubt...

BenB
Sophomore Sire

racing

Postby BenB » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:41 pm

Vestal Heights is not running next weekend, because it started to freeze.
Because of that, she can,t breeze, and therefor missing condition.

So she we have to wait, a little while. The season will be long enough
anyway.

Ben

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:42 pm

BenB wrote:Vestal Heights is not running next weekend, because it started to freeze.
Because of that, she can,t breeze, and therefor missing condition.

So she we have to wait, a little while. The season will be long enough
anyway.

Ben

Well, we'll keep our fingers crossed that she gets her chance soon. Patience is not a bad thing...

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:19 pm

Sorry to hear that, BenB. I'm practising patience here too.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:24 pm

A brat is a kid who is deliberately misbehaving even though he knows better, unless of course he is your own child, in which case he is just being cute.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

BenB
Sophomore Sire

racing

Postby BenB » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:20 am

Green Hills,

Could it be, that she ( Coded Princess) was in season or becoming in
season.
Or maybe (and) beeing (very) hard pressed in her last outings, beeing
whipped out for instance. Some of them seen to go ducking as jockeys are
whipping them, gooiing left or right (hanging with their heads), switching their tails or changing legs.
Some fillies doesn,t like it beiing really pressed, as they are trying to do their utmost already. And then got punished for their effords
This above might be read as foolish, but is not intent to be that way.

Ben

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:10 am

BenB wrote:Green Hills,

Could it be, that she ( Coded Princess) was in season or becoming in
season.
Or maybe (and) beeing (very) hard pressed in her last outings, beeing
whipped out for instance. Some of them seen to go ducking as jockeys are
whipping them, gooiing left or right (hanging with their heads), switching their tails or changing legs.
Some fillies doesn,t like it beiing really pressed, as they are trying to do their utmost already. And then got punished for their effords
This above might be read as foolish, but is not intent to be that way.

Ben

Actually I absolutely agree with you. She was being pressed in this race harder than she liked, according to Todd and that was a contributory factor, but she's big and strong and young and still learning, despite some early success and sometimes, perhaps we forget that she was a May baby and so we expect more, since she has already done so well. She has surprised us with more than we had expected at the outset. So, my tongue in cheek reference to being bratty was just that. I like her a lot. :lol:

BenB
Sophomore Sire

racing

Postby BenB » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:06 am

green hills,

The only humble advice giving ,( when I am alowed too), consider this she ( coded princess)has been showing much more talent, than power aswell mental power, so the
next time racing give her a real juvenile race, with a jockey that is able to sit as quiet as a churchmouse, only guiding her. Placing her on the outside, and leave it completely up to her.
I should love her too

Ben

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:47 am

Mahubah wrote:A brat is a kid who is deliberately misbehaving even though he knows better, unless of course he is your own child, in which case he is just being cute.

Ah yeah...I know a few of those...2 legged and 4 legged... :lol: :wink:

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:49 am

BenB wrote:green hills,

The only humble advice giving ,( when I am alowed too), consider this she ( coded princess)has been showing much more talent, than power aswell mental power, so the
next time racing give her a real juvenile race, with a jockey that is able to sit as quiet as a churchmouse, only guiding her. Placing her on the outside, and leave it completely up to her.
I should love her too

Ben

Todd's done a pretty good job with her, I think. When she first started, we were just trying to get her claimed...thank heavens that didn't happen... :lol: :lol:

Now I don't think that's in her future at all. She is growing and maturing and we think now that we just may keep her... :wink:

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:09 pm

On February 20th at Aqueduct, Star Celebrity will be in her last race. It is the 7th race and the first time she is going at this distance. Let's hope she goes out a winner.

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:51 pm

Good luck, Green Hills! I hope she wins for you.

Who's that nice horse in your avatar?

Pie™
2yo Maiden

Postby Pie™ » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:10 pm

ain't that the truth? I had a huge 15.3h 2YO over the summer. Sent her to be broke by a pro and he sent her back after 6 weeks saying she was too fractious.

I did some more work with her over the summer, mostly ground work, gave her a ton of turnout time and sent her back mid-December. Of the two I've got with this gal, she likes the one that was "fractious" best - she's moving forward, with a huge gait, the best movement they've seen in a while (rated in their top 10 out of the last 30 or 40 horses they've worked with). Time - give them time and they will turn around and pay you back.

One more month and both fillies go to the track.

KAL
Starters Handicap

Postby KAL » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:21 pm

Okay... gotta' say it...

What kind of "pro" at breaking horses sends one back because they are fractious?

Perhaps immature... but fractious?

Pie™
2yo Maiden

Postby Pie™ » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:38 pm

my bad...they used the word immature too, but she was pretty fractious under saddle, we knew it when we tried to break her at home -which is the only reason we sent her out at all. I think, because the trainer who is going to pick this filly up recommended this guy who does all his breaking, they were really looking out for my best interest and telling me, "bring her home and don't push her right now". Sorry I didn't explain better.