ROCKPORT HARBOR

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

louis finochio
Darley line

ROCKPORT HARBOR

Postby louis finochio » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:13 am

Rockport Harbor has a bruised his foot, and may miss the Rebel. John Servis his trainer said they pulled the shoes, and are tubbing his foot in epson salts and warm water. It is a day to day on the healing so in 3 days they will access Rockport Harbor's condition.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

freddymo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby freddymo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:24 am

I llike this horses chances to be successful again. He seems like a very talented horse that will only get better if healthy. I think Servis is better then most people think.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:32 am

Rockport Harbor is improving, and will work on the weekend. This is great news for his fans. Go Rocky Go.
Those without sin cast the first stone.

Louis Finochio

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:23 am

RH did 7f at OP today in 1:27 2/5.

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:22 pm

You watching TVG? I just saw the work... he sure looked good. I may have to start "rooting" for a Derby hopeful now (I usually wait until much later because it never fails... whoever I start to like ends up out of contention.)
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:13 pm

Roguelet wrote:You watching TVG? I just saw the work... he sure looked good. I may have to start "rooting" for a Derby hopeful now (I usually wait until much later because it never fails... whoever I start to like ends up out of contention.)

TVG just showed Afleet Alex's workout
6f - 1:13-3/5
1/4 - 24:1
1/2 - 49:4

Same here re. hopefuls...dating back to the days of Hoist the Flag.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:54 pm

I personally am rooting for both of them as Servis is just a class act and Tim Ritchie who trains Afleet Alex has definitely paid his dues along the way. I knew him over many cold winter nights racing at Penn National, both are the epitome of quiet achievers and racing is much richer for their efforts.

Shammy Davis
Chef de Race: Classic

Postby Shammy Davis » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:22 am

Hi all: I like the connections. Rick Porter has invested a great deal into our sport and I hope this horse does Fox Hill Farm justice. Best wishes to the connections. Sincerely, Shammy (For those who are not aware, Rick Porter owned my user namesake. Shammy Davis ran in 1997 Kentucky Derby which was won by Silver Charm. He retired to our farm, but unfortunately succumbed to colic about a year ago. I rode him almost daily and I was devastated when I lost him. I've never met Rick Porter, but on my memories alone, I'm rooting for Rockport Harbor.)

Joe
Starters Handicap

Postby Joe » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:40 pm

Good story Shammy. That was a good horse, I saw him run a few times.

If Rockport Harbor wins this race, everybody should be spooked. He's not going to be whipped or ridden hard.

My best guess is Afleet Alex first, Greater Good second and Rocky third. Greater Good is going to be tough.

Shammy Davis

Postby Shammy Davis » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:52 am

Joe: You are probably right, but I'll stick to this prediction on my emotions alone. I'm a sentimental slob :wink: I'll box the rest you listed. You'd better be right, we have rocks here too. :lol:

Joe
Starters Handicap

Postby Joe » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:18 pm

I was right on the second two, but didn't expect Afleet Alex to run that clunker. Worst race the horse has ever run. Show bet's were the key, somebody bet $100,000 on Afleet Alex to show. Greater Good paid $11.20-$4.00-$11.20 Rocky paid $3.20-$9.00 Show horse paid $32.00.
There was a bridge-jumper in there and he picked a bad place. I can't see bridge-jumping on 3 year old's in March.

Joe
Starters Handicap

Postby Joe » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:20 pm

By the way Shammy, didn't shammy Davis win some nice races at Philly ? If you have his record maybe you can post it, I'd like to see his career record.

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:23 pm

Joe wrote:By the way Shammy, didn't shammy Davis win some nice races at Philly ? If you have his record maybe you can post it, I'd like to see his career record.

49/11-5-6 $308,791

At 2 2nd Nashua S. -G3

At 3 3rd Jim Beam S. -G2

Shammy Davis

Postby Shammy Davis » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:49 pm

Hey Joe & Sam: Forgive me for not replying earlier. I do have Shammy's record somewhere in my files and as soon as I can get the opportunity to post them for you, I will. I'm so tied up with spring farm stuff, I've considered overdosing on my arithitis medicine just to kill the pain after a 12 hour day. A couple cool brews just dosen't do the trick anymore. Must be getting old. Best wishes - later - Shammy :D

Shammy Davis

Postby Shammy Davis » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:36 am

Joe: Shammy Davis ran 4th in the Lexington Stakes in 1997. After running 13th in the 97 KD and running an allowance race at Sarotoga, Shammy Davis ran his first race at Philly on June 22, 1998. He ran a few races in MD and DE. At first in Philly, he was trained by Guadalupe Preciado, his original trainer before Zito, then by John Servis. He was claimed by Wendy Muntnick/G. Preciado in June 1999 at DE Park. From then on he ran primarily in the claiming ranks in DE, MD, and PA. His last trainer/owner was John Charles Zimmerman. He was a fairly consistent placed runner at 1 1/16. His pedigree was impeccable and he was a beautiful horse to look at, plus being a super gentleman. I loved to ride him. He was very forgiving when I was in the saddle, but always gave my old legs a very thorough workout. He was truly a delight and my family misses him very much. His full brother Sham Francisco, a gelding, was a successful stakes runner on the West Coast. Both were prepped at Xanthus Farms in PA. Best wishes and thanks for asking about him. I think of him everyday. Sincerely, Shammy :D