Santa Anita jockeys

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

pembroke
Allowance Winner

Santa Anita jockeys

Postby pembroke » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:57 am

Is it just me, or is any one else wondering why Gary, Mike and Kent don't seem to be riding much? Corey, I believe is suspended. It seems these guys cut way back when P Val reappeared. They only seem to come out on the week ends.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:07 am

One of the reasons is Pat Val. is getting more mounts and he has taken away the calls for those other riders.

When Pat V. came back all the trainers were monitoring P. Val to see if he still had that golden touch in his hands. As P. Val is now in a positive groove the trainers are knocking on his door, as he is a big plus for TB that respond to his type of handling.

This is what separates the wheat from the chaff.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

patrick
Maiden Special Weight

Postby patrick » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:54 pm

Gary Mike, Kent, and you can add Tyler and a few others don't ride as much because they don't need to. When its a big race you see the big names. When its 16K claimers, you see little names.

Doesn't make sense for the big names to risk their health for a mere 900 bucks if they win.

P. Val is working hard to earn back faith and also get back in the groove. I'm glad to see he is back on track (no pun intended).