Lost in the Fog Derby Bound?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Ryeno
Allowance Winner

Lost in the Fog Derby Bound?

Postby Ryeno » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:21 pm

Sounds like the connections are thinking the first Saturday in May for this monster.Go on with it Aleo/Gilchrist/Baze I'll be cheering for him.I really like the way he showed more focus and I love the way he rated today.IMO he will have a bright future.

Ryeno
"The easiest way to end up with a million dollars in the horseracing business is to start with 3 million!"

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:08 pm

Don't know if he'll quite want 10f on bloodlines, but he could certainly be dangerous if allowed to cruise in front a la Winning Colors and Spend a Buck. Very nice looking colt; certainly one of the most excitng developments so far this year.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Michael
Allowance Winner

Postby Michael » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:12 pm

I'm certain Snack was euthanized. That was a breakdown from which they don't recover. If you look at Santa Anita results in the last few days, you might be shocked at how many breakdowns they've had.

While I was impressed with Lost in the Fog's win, I was concerned at how poorly he pulled up. He acted as if he wanted to lie down on the track. I'm not sure an additional three furlongs is in his future.

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:52 pm

Ryeno, sounds like the connections must have done a 180 on Lost In The Fog if they're thinking "Derby" now. I just read an article within the last two weeks where they where saying "no how, no way" would he go and that the road to the Derby was just too grueling...but they might consider the Preakness. What a difference a day -- or a weekend -- makes, huh?

Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:45 am

Maybe it's just a case of keeping their options open depending on the colt develops. It's one nomination fee for all three TC events anyway, isn't it? Just hope they don't develop a full-blown case of Derby fever; that's been the ruin of many a nice colt who simply wasn't ready or wasn't up to 10f in early may against the best 3yos of the spring.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis