eating crow....in the big cap

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

reenci
Grade II Winner

eating crow....in the big cap

Postby reenci » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:00 pm

well here i sit writing this as i pick crow feathers from my mouth.....for picking saint liam "all others running for second"....my hats off to RM for a great job with RHT.........pass the salt ,will ya?
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

Khaled
Weanling

Postby Khaled » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:51 pm

Today is a wonderful day. Everyone I was rooting for won. I am a HUGE fan of Arizona Wildcat basketball. They beat ASU today to clinch the Pac-10 regular season title. Eddington won after looking like he did not have any desire to really race previously. I have been wanting him to start to show his potential and show he is serious. Rock Hard Ten was in the same boat. Of course it does not appear so anymore! I cannot count the times that I have heard others say that RHT cannot stay 10f. I think that are quite a few people out there eating crow today.
I love Rock Hard Ten. I think he is one of the most beautiful horses, and I am loving every minute of this night. He appears unstoppable. I want to see RHT against Ghostzapper. I don't think RHT will be so easily zapped as other horses have been.
I have always been a fan of Kris S. Naturally I seize upon any good Kris S that comes along, but I must say that Rock Hard Ten is my favorite. Plus we share the same birthday and that counts for something.

Joe
Starters Handicap

Postby Joe » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:24 pm

I did not play Saint Liam today for two reasons. I feared he might go "over the top" with the West Coast shipping and Dickie Dutrow has never done well in So Cal, he's run very sparingly there. I did ok playing Borrego hard to place and show.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Re: eating crow....in the big cap

Postby Mahubah » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:42 am

reenci wrote:well here i sit writing this as i pick crow feathers from my mouth.....for picking saint liam "all others running for second"....my hats off to RM for a great job with RHT.........pass the salt ,will ya?

:lol:! You know, its been said before that a Thoroughbred racehorse is the only creature known that can take 10,000 people for a ride at one time -- you'be got to have a sense of humor around this game!

You figure Saint Liam just bounced after the long trip? Not like him to fold that readily.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:31 pm

In a game where you can get beat 4 times out of 5 and be considered a success you learn to eat lots of crow. Yes it is hard to ship into So Cal and beat the locals and I think that Imperialism probably bounced from his huge effort. As I have stated in the General section of the board I feel that RHT is maturing and obviously coming around now thru the Mandella program however he is well aware that the horse was very prudently handled as an unruly 3yrold by young Jason Orman and full marks to Mandella and HRTV for suggesting that much.I can think of several high profile trainers that would have made mincemeat of this horse on the Derby Trail last year and we may never have been afforded the pleasure of yesterday had they been in charge. Anyway all RHT fans enjoy the moment while I squirm.